My Website

Business By Sugarbean Updated 13 Mar 2006 , 12:36am by mrnd_grn

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:46am
post #1 of 10

Yahoo. My new website is DONE like dinner!

Wahoo! I finally uploaded my portfolio.

Ah....I can breathe. However, I can't be legal until we buy a house, but it is not going to happen in the next 8 weeks. So time to wait now. But at least this is done now.

icon_smile.gif

9 replies
jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:50am
post #2 of 10

It looks great! And I love your name with the cake for your logo. Beautiful!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:54am
post #3 of 10

Looks nice! I really like the Feedback page called "Sweet Talk". That's a great idea and inspires confidence in your clients to read what others have said. Nicely done. I also like that your cake photos are cropped with a coloured background.

Three very very very tiny things....

-I really think your Home Page needs a cake photo of some sort (one didn't appear for me...is there one?)

-under "Fancy Fillings", it should read "ganache"

-under "Birthday Cakes & Special Occasion Cakes", it should read "humorous"

Sugarbean Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks Antonia...

That's exactly what I was looking for. Its hard to see mistakes sometimes when you are working on it so hard!

I have a question though, do you have a disclaimer on your photo's? Something in small print that says they belong to you?

Someone suggested that, but I'm not sure what I would put.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 5:53am
post #5 of 10

No, but I have started to watermark my photos now. I think I will ask my web designer to do all my photos on the website with watermarks now. I don't like them, because they are pretty obtrusive across my photos...but what is the option? icon_cry.gif

Sugarbean Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 10

Helen,

I don't think the water marks are too bad. You can make them virtually "see through" and just put them in a good spot.

I'd rather have them, then have my pictures stolen.

icon_smile.gif

Susecita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susecita Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 10

Do you have to have a section for fancy fillings? As an editor, I find the heading not too appealing to the eye. It suggests that the other fillings are not fancy enough and might steer clients away from less fancy fillings. I would use something along the lines of gourmet, elaborate, special fillings. These words are more suggestive. For some reason fancy sounds very blase. Other than that, I love it. Can you get in trouble for having the site up without a license?

-Sus

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 10

Looks like you're off to a great start! Very nice site. thumbs_up.gif Best luck with getting a house and a business up and running! icon_wink.gif

Sugarbean Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks Sus...

I'm going to change that. I don't think I can get in trouble. On the about us page, it says that I'm not up and running yet. And I haven't sold anything yet. So I'm not selling. So I shouldn't get in trouble.

I don't plan on selling until my kitchen is running. But that doesn' t mean I can't book a wedding for 6 months from now. Because I should be ready by then.

icon_smile.gif

mrnd_grn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrnd_grn Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 12:36am
post #10 of 10

I really like your website! The color scheme is ver pleasing to the eye. The only thing I noticed that no one said yet is that in the wedding cake gallery, "lay" should be spelled "lei". icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%