How Do You Stabilize Whipped Cream And Whats The Difference?

Decorating By SavannahJane Updated 10 Mar 2006 , 5:08am by sancar80

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:14am
post #1 of 10

?????????????????? <3

9 replies
soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:21am
post #2 of 10

There are several recipes for stabalizing whiped cream. I've only used one though. The differences is that it will hold up for icing, and simple piping (writing, simple boders, etc.), and it can be colored as well, but only pastels. If you try to do this with unstabalized whiped cram it will just melt and become all yucky (for lack of a better word, lol).

~Kelsie

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:22am
post #3 of 10

Wilton has a recipe for stabilized whipped cream that includes some gelatin. It helps keep it in place and hold the shape if you use it for decorating.

SavannahJane Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:22am
post #4 of 10

ok well how do u stabilize it?? thanx!! <3

SavannahJane Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:23am
post #5 of 10

ohh ok lol...thanx a bunch!!

SavannahJane Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:26am
post #6 of 10

is ther any way to stabilize it without using gelatin, I dont have any gelatin here and the store is closed and i have to make the cake tonight!! thanx a bunch u guys!!

soygurl Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:29am
post #7 of 10

Sorry, I ment to include recipe! lol, silly me!
Here's the one from this site:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1925-0-Stabilized-Whipped-Cream.html

And you can look in a current wilton yearbook for one using piping gel. If you don't have a yearbook, I'll send you the recipe.

Here is another one using gelitain:

1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
4 tsp. cold water
1 C. heavy whipping cream
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine gelatin and water in a small pan and let stand until thick (~5 min?) Then place over low heat and still until gelatin disolves (~3 min?).
Remove from heat and cand cool. Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened. While beating slowly, gradualy add gelatin. Then whip at high speed to stiff peaks. Yields 2 cups.

~Kelsie

soygurl Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:35am
post #8 of 10

Ok, do you have any piping gel? If you don't I think you might be out of luck! But here's the recipe using piping gel just in case:

1 C. Whipping cream
2 T. Powdered sugar
2 T. piping gel
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract

Whip cream and sugar to soft peak stage. Add piping gel and vanilla then continue whipping to stif peaks form. Do not overbeat. Makes 1 1/2 -2 cups

For all these recipes I would sugest using gransulated sugar instead. I alwaus use gransulated sugar in whipped cream, and I think it tastes much better. Also, the amount of sugar and vanilla is toally up to you. I would sugest beating in a small amount and tasting a tiny bit. Than add more and beat it in to taste, before adding the piping gel (or gelatin some other time). Good luck!

~Kelsie

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 5:00am
post #9 of 10

They sell Baker's Whipcream at Safeway. It's already stiffened somehow, it's really nice to decorate with.

sancar80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sancar80 Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 5:08am
post #10 of 10

Not sure how much this helps. But when I make a Tres Leches cake, I use whipped cream with pudding for the topping.

I combine 2 cups of whipped cream with 1/2 pack of instant sugar free pudding, usually vanilla. It is light and airy, and tastes awesome!

It seems to stabalize it really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%