Ideas For Easter Cupakes?

Decorating By goodcakefairy Updated 9 Mar 2016 , 7:51pm by ppaxton

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 31

I just got asked by my church's Sunday school leader to do three dozen Easter themed cupcakes for the Easter egg hunt. It's sort of important because, A) Obviously I want to do something nice for the kids. And B) it will be a good way to drum up jobs. Any suggestions? Ideas? Photos?
Thanks in advance
GCF

30 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 31

I'm going to be doing Easter cupcakes for our family party and I plan on making pastel pansies and daffodils on the tops of them instead of just plain icing.

The other thing I can think of is to ice them green and put green tinted coconut on them and then pipe on 3-d ducks and lambs. The kids would LOVE all that icing! lol!

Lisa

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 31

When you mentioned Easter cupcakes I immediately thought of little baskets with eggs in them. Maybe make the cupcake, you could use licorice for the handle, icing for grass & put either a candymelt egg or bunny on top.

Lisa: your idea sounds cute...can't wait to see the picture.

goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 31

Lisa, how do you pipe ducks and lambs?

goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 31

ge978.
I hadn't even thought of candy melts!
Thanks!
GCF

llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

When you mentioned Easter cupcakes I immediately thought of little baskets with eggs in them. Maybe make the cupcake, you could use licorice for the handle, icing for grass & put either a candymelt egg or bunny on top.

Lisa: your idea sounds cute...can't wait to see the picture.

Ohhhh--I like this idea even better than mine!!

Lisa

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 31

How is it that I can come up with ideas or every other cake other than mine? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!

llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

How is it that I can come up with ideas or every other cake other than mine? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!

Too funny!! And very true for me, too!! I do the same thing with scrapbooking--I can look at someone ELSE'S page and know exactly what it needs--my own? no way! Argh!

Lisa

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 31

Do you have the small egg-shaped pans? what about decorating those (they are about the same size as a cupcake) to look like easter eggs?

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:52am
post #10 of 31

If you go to Family Fun Magazine they have all kinds of cute cupcake idea for all holiday...
icon_smile.gif

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:06am
post #11 of 31

I saw someone last year do something cute with Easter cupcakes. She just put a Marshmallow Peeps bunny or chick in the center and then used the grass tip to pipe the grass around it like a nest and added some pastel colored peanut M&Ms or speckled eggs. You can even pipe the grass in different colors besides green since Easter grass comes that way.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:19am
post #12 of 31

How about some with a cross on them, since it is for Sunday school? Make them in different colors to make it bright for the kids.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 31

If you look in my photo's I did some lambs.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/sheep.cfm

I did white faces though.

And here are some bunnies:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/bunnies.cfm

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:56am
post #14 of 31

I did peeps easter cup cakes last year. Here's a photo. Did the rope border to make it look more like a basket.
LL

Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:04am
post #15 of 31

My daughter did Easter cupcake and used coconut dyed green for the grass and topped it with jelly beans, They were cute!

dsoutherngirl Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:04am
post #16 of 31

Yes Sheila! Those are great! icon_biggrin.gif I love the border. That looks even better! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

SheilaF Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 5:38am
post #17 of 31

Thanks. we did them in purple and pink bunnies. they were a huge hit w/the kids icon_smile.gif

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:18am
post #18 of 31

Chenille stems also look great as handles for baskets, especially if you leave them long. Just bend them into a U shape and stick the two ends into either side of the cupcakes. They come in great pastel colors too!

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:30am
post #19 of 31

Here are the cupcakes I made last yr for my dd's class at Easter. They are easy to make & the kids loved them. I used toothpicks to hold the twixlers in place & those are the sour jellybeans you can get at the store. They are the same brand as the sour gummy worms & sour octopus...my brain is not functioning.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=bellarosa&cat=0&pos=14

If the link doesn't work, I think the are under Easter in the gallery.
BellaRosa

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:32am
post #20 of 31

I made some really pretty cupcakes with daffodils on top made out of royal, kids always love royal icing, they think they are getting candy.

Also I did cupcakes for my Wilton class with different figure piped animals. You can soo the duck in the back left corner. One of the Wilton books has instructions on a bunch of different animals. It's the one with the pink rose cake on teh front with beaded scrolls on the side. I bet you could get instructions online as well just search for figure piped animals.
LL
LL

dsoutherngirl Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:57am
post #21 of 31

well, you certainly have some really good pictures of some great ideas! thumbs_up.gif

Falenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Falenn Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 9:25am
post #22 of 31

BellaRosa, which tip did you use for your grass. Looks like Big League gum. ty.

luggi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:37pm
post #24 of 31

I used the larger grass tip #234. I thought the same thing as we were making them! lol My dd was looking at me like I was crazy since she has never seen big league gum.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I didn't use coconut since I am allergic to it, but it is very common for easter especially on bunny cakes.

BellaRosa

ddog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddog Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 7:23pm
post #25 of 31

ya'll are making me want to make cupcakes! Great ideas everyone!
I love coconut on cake, but find a lot of times ,especially with kids, I am in the minority on that one. I made a nemo cake one time for dd b-day dyed coconut blue and put it all around the bottom to look like water and I had one little boy who would not even eat any cake cause of the coconut.

chellebell70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellebell70 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 1:45am
post #26 of 31

In the latest April 2006 issue of Family Fun on pg. 22 there is some cute "chick" cupcakes made with donut holes. They are called "Sweet Tweets". They also have a website www.familyfun.com you could probably find them on there too.

---Those bunny in the basket things are cute and you could do the same type with the chick peeps and jelly beans.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:35pm
post #27 of 31

Here is some really cute ones that ChristyB did!!!
LL

SheilaF Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:39pm
post #28 of 31

Those are really cute!

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:55pm
post #29 of 31

Wow You all have some great ideas!!! thumbs_up.gif

My son class has been raising money to go to D.C. for spring break and we are having lots of food sales and bingos

I would love to use some of your ideas!!

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 9:13pm
post #30 of 31

All of these ideas are so cute! I love the bunny one from the family fun website! Just looking at all of these makes me want to go make cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%