Ideas For Easter Cupakes?

Decorating By goodcakefairy Updated 9 Mar 2016 , 7:51pm by ppaxton

goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 31

I just got asked by my church's Sunday school leader to do three dozen Easter themed cupcakes for the Easter egg hunt. It's sort of important because, A) Obviously I want to do something nice for the kids. And B) it will be a good way to drum up jobs. Any suggestions? Ideas? Photos?
Thanks in advance
GCF

30 replies
llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 31

I'm going to be doing Easter cupcakes for our family party and I plan on making pastel pansies and daffodils on the tops of them instead of just plain icing.

The other thing I can think of is to ice them green and put green tinted coconut on them and then pipe on 3-d ducks and lambs. The kids would LOVE all that icing! lol!

Lisa

ge978 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 31

When you mentioned Easter cupcakes I immediately thought of little baskets with eggs in them. Maybe make the cupcake, you could use licorice for the handle, icing for grass & put either a candymelt egg or bunny on top.

Lisa: your idea sounds cute...can't wait to see the picture.

goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 31

Lisa, how do you pipe ducks and lambs?

goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 31

ge978.
I hadn't even thought of candy melts!
Thanks!
GCF

llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

When you mentioned Easter cupcakes I immediately thought of little baskets with eggs in them. Maybe make the cupcake, you could use licorice for the handle, icing for grass & put either a candymelt egg or bunny on top.

Lisa: your idea sounds cute...can't wait to see the picture.

Ohhhh--I like this idea even better than mine!!

Lisa

ge978 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 31

How is it that I can come up with ideas or every other cake other than mine? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!

llj68 Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

How is it that I can come up with ideas or every other cake other than mine? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!

Too funny!! And very true for me, too!! I do the same thing with scrapbooking--I can look at someone ELSE'S page and know exactly what it needs--my own? no way! Argh!

Lisa

bonniebakes Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 31

Do you have the small egg-shaped pans? what about decorating those (they are about the same size as a cupcake) to look like easter eggs?

Florimbio Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:52am
post #10 of 31

If you go to Family Fun Magazine they have all kinds of cute cupcake idea for all holiday...
icon_smile.gif

dsoutherngirl Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:06am
post #11 of 31

I saw someone last year do something cute with Easter cupcakes. She just put a Marshmallow Peeps bunny or chick in the center and then used the grass tip to pipe the grass around it like a nest and added some pastel colored peanut M&Ms or speckled eggs. You can even pipe the grass in different colors besides green since Easter grass comes that way.

Zamode Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:19am
post #12 of 31

How about some with a cross on them, since it is for Sunday school? Make them in different colors to make it bright for the kids.

Sugarbean Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 31

If you look in my photo's I did some lambs.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/sheep.cfm

I did white faces though.

And here are some bunnies:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/bunnies.cfm

SheilaF Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:56am
post #14 of 31

I did peeps easter cup cakes last year. Here's a photo. Did the rope border to make it look more like a basket.
LL

Darstus Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:04am
post #15 of 31

My daughter did Easter cupcake and used coconut dyed green for the grass and topped it with jelly beans, They were cute!

dsoutherngirl Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:04am
post #16 of 31

Yes Sheila! Those are great! icon_biggrin.gif I love the border. That looks even better! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

SheilaF Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 5:38am
post #17 of 31

Thanks. we did them in purple and pink bunnies. they were a huge hit w/the kids icon_smile.gif

ellyrae Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:18am
post #18 of 31

Chenille stems also look great as handles for baskets, especially if you leave them long. Just bend them into a U shape and stick the two ends into either side of the cupcakes. They come in great pastel colors too!

BellaRosa Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:30am
post #19 of 31

Here are the cupcakes I made last yr for my dd's class at Easter. They are easy to make & the kids loved them. I used toothpicks to hold the twixlers in place & those are the sour jellybeans you can get at the store. They are the same brand as the sour gummy worms & sour octopus...my brain is not functioning.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=bellarosa&cat=0&pos=14

If the link doesn't work, I think the are under Easter in the gallery.
BellaRosa

Euphoriabakery Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:32am
post #20 of 31

I made some really pretty cupcakes with daffodils on top made out of royal, kids always love royal icing, they think they are getting candy.

Also I did cupcakes for my Wilton class with different figure piped animals. You can soo the duck in the back left corner. One of the Wilton books has instructions on a bunch of different animals. It's the one with the pink rose cake on teh front with beaded scrolls on the side. I bet you could get instructions online as well just search for figure piped animals.
LL
LL

dsoutherngirl Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 4:57am
post #21 of 31

well, you certainly have some really good pictures of some great ideas! thumbs_up.gif

Falenn Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 9:25am
post #22 of 31

BellaRosa, which tip did you use for your grass. Looks like Big League gum. ty.

BellaRosa Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 1:37pm
post #24 of 31

I used the larger grass tip #234. I thought the same thing as we were making them! lol My dd was looking at me like I was crazy since she has never seen big league gum.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I didn't use coconut since I am allergic to it, but it is very common for easter especially on bunny cakes.

BellaRosa

ddog Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 7:23pm
post #25 of 31

ya'll are making me want to make cupcakes! Great ideas everyone!
I love coconut on cake, but find a lot of times ,especially with kids, I am in the minority on that one. I made a nemo cake one time for dd b-day dyed coconut blue and put it all around the bottom to look like water and I had one little boy who would not even eat any cake cause of the coconut.

chellebell70 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 1:45am
post #26 of 31

In the latest April 2006 issue of Family Fun on pg. 22 there is some cute "chick" cupcakes made with donut holes. They are called "Sweet Tweets". They also have a website www.familyfun.com you could probably find them on there too.

---Those bunny in the basket things are cute and you could do the same type with the chick peeps and jelly beans.

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:35pm
post #27 of 31

Here is some really cute ones that ChristyB did!!!
LL

SheilaF Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:39pm
post #28 of 31

Those are really cute!

mvigil Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 8:55pm
post #29 of 31

Wow You all have some great ideas!!! thumbs_up.gif

My son class has been raising money to go to D.C. for spring break and we are having lots of food sales and bingos

I would love to use some of your ideas!!

Misska21 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 9:13pm
post #30 of 31

All of these ideas are so cute! I love the bunny one from the family fun website! Just looking at all of these makes me want to go make cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%