Disney Princess Castle Cake Questions...

Decorating By mami2sweeties Updated 10 Mar 2006 , 5:09pm by fearlessbaker

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 13

I looked in the gallery and there are a few castles there that have the princess' in a "window". Where did you get those pictures? Are there already windows with their pictures in them? It looked like all the windows were the same. How did you keep the paper from getting grease spots on them?

Does anyone have any tips on making a castle cake? I plan on using paper tubes and sugar cones possibly the cake cones for those turrets (sp?).

12 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 13

yes the cones work nicely for the turrets...a suggestion on the paper towel tubes...cover them in a layer of plastic wrap and then put gumpaste over them, once it's hard you can remove the tube and you will be left with the tube shape only made out of gumpaste, then you can fill them with candy or small toys for the children at the party then you can use royal icing as "glue" to attatch the turrets!!! Once you break down the construction of the castles...they really aren't that difficult...they just seem to be pretty time consuming, but fun too.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 13

Are you talking about the Disney princess castle kit? My local cake store has a kit to use tho make a cake like this with princesses in the windows.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 13

If you don't have the kit, you could try printing images of the net, or cutting their faces out of invitations or partyware. Cover the backside with contact paper and the shortening won't seep through.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 13

I think the one I saw in the gallery with pictures of princesses in the windows used edible images!! You could however use a regular photo....I did this for my castle cake (which I made a long time ago and am actually embarassed of now LOL I have so far surpassed this cake, but hey it was back when I didn't know about this sight, so I was winging it : )......) anyhow...you could recreate it by finding an image you like, you might even try a photo online or even a picture from wrapping paper some of them are really nice, then just cut a piece of wax paper the same size and tape them together, then the wax paper will protect the photo...the one in my photo is one I just drew and then did the wax paper...you could also probably cover the back with some contact paper...then it would be self adhesive ..........keep in mind my cake is before I knew there was anything besides cake and frosting...LOL........the cake was way too soft and my daughter attacked it before we got a photo
LL

mami2sweeties Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 13

Castle kit!? Now that is what I need. I had no idea there were such a thing. I will have to get that or do the contact paper thing. Contact paper was all I could think of to cover those pictures to protect them from the grease.

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 13

If you're interested in a MMF princess, I could email you the instructions from Debbie Brown's "Magical Cakes"
GCF

mami2sweeties Posted 9 Mar 2006 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 13

What is MMF princess? Is it a castle?

dpwmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dpwmom Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:00am
post #9 of 13

I've seen the castle kit online. It is expensive though. It comes with the windows with the pictures of the princesses to put on the cake.

Here is a link.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/princess/princess.htm#ci

Hope that helps.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 3:05am
post #10 of 13

That castle kit is so cute. It even comes with a special decorated carrying box and a tiara for the Birthday girl. princess.gif

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2sweeties

What is MMF princess? Is it a castle?

It's a design from Debbie Brown's Magical Cakes. A blue turreted castle with a pretty princess hanging out a window, waving a hankerchief.

mami2sweeties Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 4:49pm
post #12 of 13

goodcakefairy,
Thanks for the offer. I don't think MMF would work for me. It would never really dry here; it's too humid. I have not covered a cake in fondant. It is not what people like down here. The like good ole' buttercream. Thanks though.

I figured out what I am going to do. I bought some stickers last night at a party supply store. I am covering them with contact paper and I am going to pipe buttercream windows to hold them in place.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 10 Mar 2006 , 5:09pm
post #13 of 13

There is a castle cake in the Two-Hour Party Cakes book by Carol Deacon. Don't know if this is what you want but it is darling. Earleen Moore sells the instructions. They are rather complicated though. But you can see it on her site in her gallery, I think. Fearless Baker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%