Help! I Made The Ugliest Color, Ever!!

Decorating By jescapades Updated 25 Mar 2007 , 3:25pm by Derby

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:05am
post #1 of 6

i wanted to practice my roses tonight and had some leftover pink bc from a cake i made the other day. i thought i would make it redder and added a ton of red color. it turned it orange! so i thought, well, maybe i'll orange it up a little and add yellow! omg, i made a huge mess! please, oh please tell me what i can do with this color! i am using up all my colors and making a huge mess.

can someone help me??
LL

5 replies
jescapades Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

bump... help? please?

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:29am
post #3 of 6

It kindof looks brown/chocolate to me. Since you mentioned that you are practicing your roses, why not go ahead and use it. You never know, they may end up being the prettiest roses ever icon_lol.gif

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:33am
post #4 of 6

LOL!!! I've done that a bunch of times!!! Just use it anyway if it's just for practice! you could frost a whole cake with that color and do all of the decorating in that color. It will look like you did it on purpose.

jescapades Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 6

it's like a pinky-orangey-tan color. i frosted the cake white already. i really don't like this color, it's pretty hideous. i was hoping i could add something else to it to make a different color.

i send all my cakes to work with dh, so i really want it to look halfway decent, as i may get some order leads from his work friends.

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 6

maybe just add some cocoa and make it chocolate brown. That would be pretty on a white cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%