I Fell With A Tier Of My Cake I Need For 8Am Tomorrow!!!!!!!

Decorating By prettysweet Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 4:00am by mommakescakes

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 18

What a mess and I hurt like the devil on top of it all.I had finished a 2 layer 12x18 in sheet and the 6 in tier that was to go in the upper left corner. The sheet is WASC wiith a raspberry filling and the 6in was chocolate fudge with chocolate filling. I had the sides iced in lilac with white top and piping. There are cascades of purple, lilac, and whiteroyal icing flowers around both . I made a pretty lilac and white scroll cross for the sheet in fondant and monogram initials for the top of the 6 in. cake for my godson's baby's christening. I've had both knees replaced as well as both hips(one 6 times) and I was exhausted. I sat for a while and then attempted to put then in the refrig which is up one step in my laundry room. Sure enough this stupid fool fell and landed on the 6 in cake. When I realized I hadn't dislocated the problem hip I had to find a way to get up. Now there a new lemon cake cooling but there's not going to be a filling and I hope and pray I have enough left over frosting to cover it. I'm having a real problem making the initial again and they won't have a chance to harden. I don't think I have it in me to do this right. I 'm getting stiffer by the minute and i pray I haven't done any real damage to the hip.

Thanks for letting me complain I havent cried yet but I'm not far from it. If you here there are earthquake tremors in CT. tonight, it will only be me throwing things. I think it time to step back from decorating for awhile. Hopefully it won't be because I'm back in the hospital.

17 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 18

Oh, you poor thing! I hope you are going to be ok. Good luck with fixing your cake...

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 18

Well, at least the hip isn't broken. So sorry to hear about your pain. Maybe you can find a way to make this easier on yourself. Rest more, do less.

Hope you feel better soon.

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 12:44am
post #4 of 18

So sorry to hear about that, hopefully everything will be ok.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:19am
post #5 of 18

Oh, prettysweet--
I am soooo sorry that happened.
As a PTA, I truly can sympathize with you. I'm just glad that you didn't do damage to YOU!

Love and Hugs--Pam

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:25am
post #6 of 18

MrsTCHJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsTCHJ Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:27am
post #7 of 18

Prettysweet,

I understand how you feel. I have fallen with a cake before, too (but only because I'm a klutz). At least you weren't hurt too badly. I wish I had time to make a cake and bring it to you before tomorrow morning.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:28am
post #8 of 18

I'm so sorry this happened to you!

I hope that you've done no damage to yourself & hope you heal quickly!

I also hope you'll be able to finish the cake in time!!

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:36am
post #9 of 18

Don't be so hard on yourself...it was an accident. At least you didn't hurt yourself any worse than bruises I hope.

Just do what you can do and know that you tried. I'm sure they will understand.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:42am
post #10 of 18

I hope you feel better soon. Good luck on the new cake. You said you weren't far from crying, sometimes a good cry actually makes me feel better so let it out if you need to.

mookey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mookey Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:29am
post #11 of 18

soooo sorry. hope you feel better!!! im with dordee go ahead and cry. icon_sad.gif

MandMCakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandMCakeDesigns Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:33am
post #12 of 18

That sounds exactly like something I would do--- I just haven't been at this long enough for it to happen yet. Beginner's luck, no doubt.

I hope that your second cake comes together quickly-- so quick that it's a pleasant surprise. I know they will love it no matter what and I hope you have a blessed day at the Christening!

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:34am
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysweet

What a mess and I hurt like the devil on top of it all.I had finished a 2 layer 12x18 in sheet and the 6 in tier that was to go in the upper left corner. The sheet is WASC wiith a raspberry filling and the 6in was chocolate fudge with chocolate filling. I had the sides iced in lilac with white top and piping. There are cascades of purple, lilac, and whiteroyal icing flowers around both . I made a pretty lilac and white scroll cross for the sheet in fondant and monogram initials for the top of the 6 in. cake for my godson's baby's christening. I've had both knees replaced as well as both hips(one 6 times) and I was exhausted. I sat for a while and then attempted to put then in the refrig which is up one step in my laundry room. Sure enough this stupid fool fell and landed on the 6 in cake. When I realized I hadn't dislocated the problem hip I had to find a way to get up. Now there a new lemon cake cooling but there's not going to be a filling and I hope and pray I have enough left over frosting to cover it. I'm having a real problem making the initial again and they won't have a chance to harden. I don't think I have it in me to do this right. I 'm getting stiffer by the minute and i pray I haven't done any real damage to the hip.

Thanks for letting me complain I havent cried yet but I'm not far from it. If you here there are earthquake tremors in CT. tonight, it will only be me throwing things. I think it time to step back from decorating for awhile. Hopefully it won't be because I'm back in the hospital.

Please you are not a stupid fool. Accidents happen. It sounds like you went through a lot. Can somebody do to the store for you and get the ingredients that is needed? Go ahead an get a good cry and try if you can over to finish the cake. Hugs

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:37am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysweet

If you here there are earthquake tremors in CT. tonight, it will only be me throwing things.

aww hun, i'm so sorry. where in ct are you? if i didn't feel like heck myself (allergies...), i would come over and help!

i hope you are able to pick up, dust off and make that amazing cake we all know you can!

good luck!

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:40am
post #15 of 18

Since it is such an extreme situtation can you go to the store and buy a 6 inch cake and then decorate it to go with the rest of your cake? You need to take care of yourself and let your body rest and recoop a bit. Feel better and I hope all is well.

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 2:47am
post #16 of 18

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I will pray that you didn't seriously hurt anything. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure it will work out in the end. Take some time for yourself very soon. Take care!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 3:01am
post #17 of 18

I'm sure that your godson's parents would rather have YOU than a cake. I know you are disappointed (I would be too!). But, if you don't get the 6" cake done....so what? It's only a 6" cake. Your HEALTH is MORE IMPORTANT!!!

Take care of yourself and I hope that if you decide to do the 6" cake again that it all comes together quickly.

Beth in KY

mommakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakescakes Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:00am
post #18 of 18

So sorry to hear about your fall. icon_cry.gif Hope your bruises, aches & pains go away soon. Go have yourself a good healing cry & I'm sure everyone will be happy with the sheet cake and that you were able to do that much. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%