Royal Icing/color Flow/buttercream Deco On Whipped Cream

Decorating By bakingmomma Updated 1 Jan 2005 , 7:01pm by ameena

bakingmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingmomma Posted 12 Sep 2004 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 4

Hello every one I am curious to finding out the awnser to my question. I wanted to know when you decorate a cake with whipped cream icing can you decorate with royal,color flow or buttercream on top of the cake or does the whipped cream break it down. I am always confused when some one wants a cake with a detailed design on top I don't know what type of icing I can use. I know one time I tried to use black buttercream to outline on one cake and the black ran on to the whipped cream so it look so horrible I felt so bad. Can anyone help me with this. PLEASE!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

bakingmomma

3 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 12 Sep 2004 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

I just make a birthday cake with stabilized whipped cream and I had buttercream and royal icing flowers ( which I make the day before) on it andI didn't have any problems with the icing breaking down the flowers. If you want, I canl send you the stabilized whipped cream recipe. thumbs_up.gif

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 12 Sep 2004 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I just make a birthday cake with stabilized whipped cream and I had buttercream and royal icing flowers ( which I make the day before) on it andI didn't have any problems with the icing breaking down the flowers. If you want, I canl send you the stabilized whipped cream recipe. thumbs_up.gif

Charmed has added her Stabilized Whip Cream Recipe to CakeCentral.com! thumbs_up.gif

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 1 Jan 2005 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

How has anyone found the whipped cream to decorate with? I am making a cake for a diabetic and would like to use the whipped cream icing. I would like to use the icing to add leaves and vines. The cake will be topped with raspberries. On the picture it shows raspberries on the side of the cake as well. Just wondering if the whipped cream icing will hold the raspberries on the side.

princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%