Chocolate Clay

Sugar Work By jouj Updated 21 Apr 2007 , 12:11am by bkdcakes

jouj Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I read in the recipe section that the chocolate clay is made of Chocolate and Corn syrup. I couldn't find corn syrup anywhere because where I live a lot of things "Disappear" off the shelves!! Is there anything I can use instead? Can I use Pancake Syrup instead of the corn syrup? Thanks a lot.

4 replies
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 5

Don't know if where you live is a factor in not finding corn syrup.

But you can use glucose or Lyles' Golden Syrup.

Or molasses:

mizshelli Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

corn syrup is a thick, sweet syrup that's popular in America, but hard to find in other countries. Unlike other sweeteners, corn syrup doesn't crystallize and turn grainy when it's cold, so it's a good choice for frostings, fudge sauces, and candies. Baked goods made with corn syrup are moister and stay fresher longer than those made with sugar. There are two types: dark corn syrup is dark brown and has a slight molasses flavor, while light corn syrup is almost clear and has a more delicate flavor. The two can be used interchangeably in many recipes. Karo is a well-known brand. Store corn syrup at room temperature. Substitutes: golden syrup (Substitute measure for measure) OR honey (This is sweeter than corn syrup, but substitute it measure for measure.) OR molasses (Substitute measure for measure.)

jouj Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks mizshelli, I know what corn syrup is, I use it in many recipes, but unfortunately where I live, you find something in the supermarket, then a week later it's all finished and you have to wait for maybe 6 months for them to bring it again! Anyway, I already bought the corn syrup, and it's Karo brand.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions in case I don't find it again.

bkdcakes Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 12:11am
post #5 of 5

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! icon_surprised.gif Chocolate & molasses!?! Why didn't I think of that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%