Ck Fondant Powder....help!

Decorating By MindiBrad Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 3:29pm by MrsMissey

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 12:28am
post #1 of 2

Hi all!

So I'm trying to make a cake to take to my dad's "divorce party" (which is really just me, my sister and her husband, and my father paying Euchre and consuming ungodly amounts of booze <grin>icon_wink.gif and I figure - "hey - we'll all be loaded....what a perfect time to serve my first fondant cake!" <grin>

I had a box of Wilton fondant, which I easily colored blue and kneaded in some vanilla extract...it's an odd taste, but not horrible, IMO.

I still needed more fondant, so I grabbed the bag of CK powdered fondant. I made it according to the directions....but now it keeps crumbling on me (especially as I turn it to knead it.....I also broke off a little piece and it rolled really well, but as soon as I tried to lift it the piece broke into 3 pieces!)

I have been keeping my hands greased, and sprinkling powdered sugar on my worksurface as I am kneading. So I finally thought that maybe it is like pie crust and just needs to rest after it is made before you can really work it.....does anyone know if this is the case? Or can anyone who has worked with this stuff give me some pointers?

By the way - this stuff tastes pretty good.....just hope that I can get it to work for me!

Thanks!

1 reply
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 2

I had been keeping an eye on this post to see if anyone had any ideas! I looked through my CK Products catalog and don't even see where they sell powdered fondant...I see the bags of royal icing and gumpaste but not the fondant. Just curious if it is a discontinued item and possibly stale...and that is what is causing the problem!?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%