Anyone Unable To Live Without Coffee?

Lounge By cookingfor5 Updated 25 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm by ValMommytoDanny

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 19

I have recently found out that I am a coffee addict. I have been sick for a week and unable to drink my coffee. Unable to get over a headache, I finally decided to take a drink this morning, and I'm cured. I never knew I was so hooked! I haven't had any in a week, so I thought maybe I'd try to be healthy!!

Anyone else have this addiction?

Meigan

18 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 19

Hi, my name is Christine and I am a coffee-holic.......... icon_lol.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 19

I was the same way with Diet Coke. I use to drink 4 Super Big Gulps everyday, stopped drinking them one week when I was sick and did I ever have a splitting headache, it lasted for days. Never drank a soda again though ..that was about 6 years ago!

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 19

ME thumbs_up.gif

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 19

Hi, my name is Trish, and I am also a coffee addict...

I wake up in the morning and coffee is the 1st thing I think about. Our coffee maker went out last week, and I didn't think I would make it through the day!!! (my DH bought a new one that day.) I think it's all in my head though..... It really doesn't help me to wake up....but it makes me feel better to have it.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 19

ME! And in a BIG way. I used to have to be in at work at 4am and I had to actually be wide awake and sound wide awake. I could look like junk, but I had to sound chipper. Coffee was my salvation and I've just perfected my hobby since then.

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 19

I'm a coffee-holic. I drink a pot in the morning and a pot in the evening and sometimes in the middle of the day icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady2Hands

I'm a coffee-holic. I drink a pot in the morning and a pot in the evening and sometimes in the middle of the day icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Okay, I READ that you drank pot. I was trying to figure out what type of baking your were doing. icon_surprised.gif

I usually drink a pot every morning and another ever evening.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 19

MUST HAVE COFFEE!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #10 of 19

I tasted one sip of coffee when I was 18 and haven't had any since! *lol* People fall over when they find out I don't drink coffee! icon_razz.gif

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 11:21pm
post #11 of 19

I am when i am at my baking job. The 3am starts nessicitate it.
It got to the point where the overnighters at Tim Hortons would see my car pull up and have my order ready. If I didnt show up for a day or two (because of scheduling) they got worried.

Out here though they dont have sugar filled flavoured coffees, so I have stopped that habit. All I have to say is that when my mum picks me up at the airport she better be willing to make a stop at Timmys so i can fulfill a year long craving.

scrappychic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrappychic Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:16am
post #12 of 19

I'm a 100% Coffeeholic too! From sunrise to sunset that is... icon_wink.gif

krojano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krojano Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 4:48am
post #13 of 19

i have a problem....it's been going on for 9 years.. i can't stop i have tired icon_rolleyes.gif Everything literally falls apart ..(such as laundry doesn't get done cuz i 'm half asleep) icon_lol.gif I am a Coffeeholic too icon_biggrin.gif

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:10pm
post #14 of 19

I'm glad I'm not alone. My problem started when I got married and my DH encouraged me to just try it again and again. I hated it before then. Then came the babies and no sleep. The addiction grew, but pregnancies were completely coffee free. I use to be able to skip a day, but I felt like something was missing. It was time to connect with hubby. Now, I'm just addicted. We vacationed with my in-laws and I had the worst heachache for 3 days, until I found out they were making caffeine free coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodie F - I know how you feel about not drinking coffee. People are in shock when I tell them I no longer like drinking soda. It made me ill when I was pregnant 8 years ago and I have lost a taste for it.

Too Funny!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 1:55am
post #15 of 19

I don't know what type of coffee everyone drinks but the coffee down south is some strong stuff. I can not drink it black, it eats away my stomach. I only drink it cafe au lait style. Community Dark Roast is the strongest coffee I have ever had.

Steady2hands, I had to laugh when I read your post and then, looked at your name. I would love to see if you could drink 3 pots of Community Dark Roast and still walk straight or have steady hands. LOL

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 5:07pm
post #16 of 19

Hi, my name is Kimberly and I too am a Coffee-aholic!!! I even have a Bunn coffeemaker, because I simply do not want to wait icon_redface.gif

Last time I was in New Orleans, I brought back 7 cans of Cafe Du Mondes coffee. That should last me til my next visit thumbs_up.gif K'ly

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #17 of 19

Not only am I a coffee addict, but I have taken to starting my mornings with a Caribou Coffee Depth Charge. That's a cup of coffee with a shot of espresso in it. Too good--and of course, that just gets me started, I drink it all through the day.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 11:36pm
post #18 of 19

Me! About 4-5 24oz during the day and a pot when I get home (after 7p). Dunkin donut coffee is my coffee of choice when I am at work - we have regular "coffee go'ers" and I am on the standard pick up list - it gets real expensive sometimes.

I have thrown lab tests for a month because I can't get from here to there (30 min) without the coffee - and get this - I work at the hospital.

Geez... pitiful isn't it... but I love it. icon_smile.gif

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlyKat

I even have a Bunn coffeemaker, because I simply do not want to wait icon_redface.gif

Last time I was in New Orleans, I brought back 7 cans of Cafe Du Mondes coffee. That should last me til my next visit thumbs_up.gif K'ly

I hear ya! I do one of those BIG cans of Maxwell House a week - half and half is bought daily...

I am sooo hooked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%