Ganache.help

Decorating By DeniseFL Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 5:16pm by prterrell

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 9

Hey guys...I'm gonna make a chocolate ganache for a cake filling but there's something that I need to ask you first icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif One of the ingredients that is mentioned in the recipe is HEAVY CREAM... is that HEAVY WHIPPED CREAM???? That's what I bought....thanks everyone icon_lol.gif

8 replies
cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 9

You use Heavy Cream, it usually come in cartons by the Milk. It should say, Ultrapasturized Heavy Cream, or sometihing like that. It shouldn't be whipped already.

As far as your filling goes, if your going to make a true Ganache, it will probably have to be a small layer because you usally pour it on your cakes/cupcakes or whatever and it will soft set. You could whip the Ganache.

I can email you a recipie if you want, just pm me.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 9

I buy the Heavy Whipping Cream

lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 9

If you let the ganache sit for a few hours (time varies depending on the quantity)...it can be spread on like icing.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 9

The cartons I buy actually say, "Heavy Whipping Cream". It's liquid and found in the same aisle as milk and coffee creamers.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 9

you can use the Whipping Cream.. it has slightly less fat in it than Heavy Cream.. but it works more than fine. icon_biggrin.gif

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 9

I use Heavy Whipping Cream also.

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 9

icon_surprised.gif So, I bought the wrong one.... Well, it happens... I will go to the store AGAIN......thank you very much for all replies..!!! icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 9

I use heavy whipping cream (aka Double Cream) in it's liquid (not yet whipped) state.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%