Wooohooooo!!!

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 18 Apr 2005 , 5:15pm by flayvurdfun

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 22

Hi all. This has like nothing to do with cakes at all. But i just had to share with my extended family. My hubby made the E7( Sgt first class) promotion list for May 1 !!!!! I am so ecstatic!! I love everybody all the time, but especially today!!
~Tanya

21 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 22

Good for him!!! thumbs_up.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 22

Hi Tanya

Congratulations! That's great news for you and your dh.

Melissa icon_razz.gif

tanyascakes Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 22

Thanks you, so much!! I am so glad that the waiting is finally over. Have to get my cake for his party rolling soon.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 22

Congrats to you and your hubby on the promotion!

Lisa

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 22

That's great news! Congratulations to you both!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 22

Great news! Congratulations!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 22

Congratulations! Don't forget to send a picture of the cake! icon_smile.gif

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 7:51pm
post #9 of 22

Congrats to both of you, Tanya!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

tanyascakes Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 9:47pm
post #10 of 22

Thanks for all of the well wishes, everyone. he is so excited! And so am I!. There is always a reason to make another great cake, huh? When I do the cake in 2 weeks for the party, I will post right away. What do you all think would be a great flavor/filling for a cake this special? And he loves everything-so fire away.
Tanya

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 22

Very cool! I get excited with things like this also.... so I understand. Congrats!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 3:13am
post #12 of 22

CONGRADS!!! To Hubby & you Tanya!! It is always exciting when our military husbands get a new stripe! I was sooooo excited when my hubby made Master Sgt!! I got to tack the new stripes on him!! The AF way is punching!! Ha ha ha!! I got to punch my hubby on the arm before anyone else got too!! You should do it too... It's fun!! Ha ha ha!!

Wonderful news, glad you shared it!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 3:26am
post #13 of 22

Congrats to you both Tanya! When my son got his dolphins (submarines) they all got to punch him to but they do it on the chest. I cried after I heard about that. There were about 120 guys on that sub and they all got a shot at him. Not what a mother wants to hear. I could see him in his diaper and all these big guys punching him. LOL I was darned proud of him though. My best to you both.

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 3:29am
post #14 of 22

That is great news. Congratulations.

tanyascakes Posted 16 Apr 2005 , 8:34am
post #15 of 22

Thanks again, everyone. We do a thing like that in the Army, too, TC. But since our guys' ranks are on their collars, we have to hit them on there. Which isn't plesent since sometimes you knick the collarbone. Believe me, I know from when I got mine when I was still in the Army. Hurts like something!! But the new rank helps to dull the pain.
~Tanya

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:57am
post #16 of 22

Isn't that something! That has been a tradition for a long, long time! When my husband made Tech Sgt the guys in the squadron were very brutal to him! They punched him so much & so hard that he had major bruising! I felt bad for him so I didn't punch him that time! When he made Msgt I was sooooooo ready to punch him!!

Have your thrown his party yet?? Let us know how it turned out ok!

tanyascakes Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:24am
post #17 of 22

Hi, TC! We are having his party on May 7th. So I have a bit of planning to do. I am trying to come up with the perfect cake for him. I am going to do a BCT like the one I first posted(his regimental crest). I was thinking of making a cake in the shape of an awards plaque with the BCT in the middle. I was going to add the words Congratulations above the BCT with his new rank and name below that. I was also thinking of adding his new rank-the shape of it- in the corners. What do you think? The cake would likely be a devil's food-he loves chocolate-with the raspberry kahlua cream filling from this site. Any ideas and help you could give me would be great!! Andhey, I am so ready for the punching, too!! icon_lol.gif
~Tanya

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:43am
post #18 of 22

I planned my husbands promotion party for the whole squadron to come to (and they did too) in less then 2 1/2 weeks.... it took my husband forever to decide if he wanted to have a party or not. I made everything by myself, just had him grill.... We had hamburgers, hotdogs, schwein steaks, potato salad, macaroni salad, mac and cheese, fruit platter, veggie platter, beer (both German and American) sodas, wine coolers, juice for the kids, cookies, brownies, and of course a cake. and I did exactly what you were thinking... his new rank was on there. The only thing about these parties is they take more money then time really..... we spent ....gulp 400 on everything... of course by the time it was over, someone had taken up a collection (for me mainly since they knew I did it all myself) and we ended up getting 253 dollars back....its most rewarding to do that for your husband and Tanya you can do this....especially since you are so excited.....

(blasted spelling errors..I hate to see one on my posts...have to correct~)

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 8:58am
post #19 of 22

hey tanya, isn't it great when your hubby gets promoted. mine should test next january for E-7. did he have to take a written test like the air force??

flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 10:06am
post #20 of 22

I started 2 days prior...it wasnt a big deal... I made the mac and potato salad the day before... the cookies and brownies two days before and the cake the night before decorated it the morning of, and then handed everything to him..... the worst part was getting the stuff outside. The clean up was easy....all aluminum stuff, plastic utensils made it easier.

tanyascakes Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:08pm
post #21 of 22

Thanks for all the ideas ,Flayv. I have been planning this party since he made the initial list in January. But now that I am working, I have to try to fit it into a schedule. the good part is that I took my vacation time from 1-9 May. Thank goodness for that. And that was before we knew he'd make it in May!! But I am looking towards the same thing-about 400 spent. Alot of that will come from the beer-German and American. But I think that I should have an easy enough time with it. And we aren't inviting the whole unit, since they are seperated between here and Vilseck. But if he could he would invite them and his entire unit from stateside, too!
Diane, they just have to get all of the records sent in with a Da photo included by a certain time for the Sr NCO boards in the Army. So it was mostly just hoping that when they looked through his packet he had enough time in grade, awards, school, etc to be picked up. But before this he did have to actually go to a board and be orally tested. So I guess that they all work in kind of the same way.

flayvurdfun Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 5:15pm
post #22 of 22

thats how they do SNCO in the air force too...once you make MSgt, the rest is pretty much boards... but I cant remember if they take a test too or what... I think they do, but the boards are what is hard...supposedly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%