Mmf Cutouts

Decorating By Tammy72 Updated 4 Mar 2006 , 4:29pm by Tammy72

Tammy72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammy72 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 4

I have made my first batch of MMF and made some cutouts. I was practicing with it for a cake that I am making for March 13. The pieces came out just the way that I wanted them, whould they still be good for that cake or do I need to make fresh ones for the cake. I don't know how long this stuff last. Thank you in advance for your help.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 4

no, you could just stick them in a tightly sealed container once they're as dry as you want them and they'll be fine.........I've had some for over 2 months and used them for a practice cake and I ate some and it still tasted great, they'll be fine......it's just sugar and marshmallows.......there's really nothing to spoil

SUGARMAMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUGARMAMA Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 4

Lucky........ I tried making a batch for the 1st time and it wasn't good at all. I'm going to try it again soon because someone has asked for some samples for a wedding cake (they do not like regular fondant). Do you use the MMF fondant recipe posted here or do you mix it in the mixer?

Tammy72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammy72 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 4

KHalstead, thank you for your help. I got it right the first time, I hated to take a chance on it not turning out again..LOL

SUGARMAMA, I used the recipe posted on here and did it all by hand. It was really easy and kinda fun to work with. My girls wanted to play with it too!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%