Has Anyone Entered The Orange County Fair In Cali.?

Decorating By SweetTcakes Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm by SweetTcakes

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #31 of 44

SweetTcakes, how's your cake comming? your doing Novelty, right?
I entered "fair themed"
I'm so nervous, I feel like I won't ever get mine done.... icon_redface.gif

Tweetycup, did you enter Novelty too?
and, itsloops, you too? Novelty?

can't wait to see your cakes!
I know you will all kick my butt icon_rolleyes.gif

any idea how long the judging lasts?

SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:12am
post #32 of 44

It's coming along. phewwww! the heat is driving me crazy!!! I am getting close to finishing. How about you?

I can't wait to see yours, tweetycup and itsloops.

I am doing novelty.

I am not sure how long the judging lasts, I guess it all depends on how many people have entered.

OMG! I just got nervous, my heart started to flutter just then..

My name is Theresa W. So look for me. I know your Jen and itsloops is Lupe, but I don't know tweetycups name.

Can't wait to meet you guys and see your creations!!

I want to be there kinda early. Me and my family will stay to enjoy the fair too.

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:37am
post #33 of 44

I noticed in an earlier post that the competition is at 3:30 PM - do you know if the cakes will be on display prior to that?

I convinced my husband to go with me tomorrow with the kids since we missed the Del Mar Fair this year (he loves the fair). We need to leave around 3:30 or 4:00 for another committment, but I would LOVE to see the cakes!!

Good luck to you all!

JenWhitlock Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:53am
post #34 of 44

I have no idea, since I've never done anything like it before,
but the rules say that we have to be at the building at 3pm "ready to be judged"

Tweetycup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweetycup Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:56am
post #35 of 44

Okay, I feel like a wimp... I just couldn't enter - my heart wasn't in it and I have absolutely no talent (yet). I will be there to see everyone's cakes though, wouldn't miss that for anything!!
Good Luck to you all!!!
See you at the Fair.

SweetTcakes Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 9:33am
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlesliceofhaven

I noticed in an earlier post that the competition is at 3:30 PM - do you know if the cakes will be on display prior to that?

I convinced my husband to go with me tomorrow with the kids since we missed the Del Mar Fair this year (he loves the fair). We need to leave around 3:30 or 4:00 for another committment, but I would LOVE to see the cakes!!

Good luck to you all!

There are actually some cake that are already there, from another competition (maybe professional). A friend of ours went and scared my husband enough to call me from work the other day, to check and make sure I didn't miss anything.

I am bringing mine at like noon-ish. This is also my first time and I really have no idea. I am worried about the drive. icon_sad.gif

JenWhitlock Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:38pm
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Quote:

I am worried about the drive. Sad

me too, I have some RI string work on mine and I'm just sure it's going to break icon_cry.gif

SweetTcakes Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 4:47pm
post #38 of 44

Whoa Jen! String work. That is like big league stuff, I am totally in aww. Can't wait to see it. I have a RI sculpture and a fondant figure (that will be placed precariously (sp) on the edge of one of the tiers. Yikes!! See you soon. I am wearing a brown dress with big green flowers and white accents. Look for me "k" I would love to meet you.

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #39 of 44

Congrats Jen and Theresa!!!

Your cakes were definitely the best on display! I'm glad you both won first place in your divisions. I have something to look forward to doing in the future when I get a few cakes under my belt. ALthough I will have to find my own county fair to attend icon_wink.gif .

Jen, It was nice to meet you. Theresa, I tried to come up afterward, but you were surrounded and my little ones were asleep.

~Dawn

JenWhitlock Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:26am
post #40 of 44

thanks alittlesliceofhaven!

SweetTcakes cake rocked! thumbs_up.gif I know she'll post soon.
her cake will be at the fair for the remainder (best cake), so you OC locals should go see it!

my cake is in my photos
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-JenWhitlock.html

all OC locals need to enter, don't be shy!!!
there we only 5 cakes! (I'll post photos when I get them)
it was a bit nerve-racking, but really fun -- and I ended up with my best cake. and, I learned all kinds of new stuff.

SweetTcakes Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlesliceofhaven

Jen, It was nice to meet you. Theresa, I tried to come up afterward, but you were surrounded and my little ones were asleep.

~Dawn

Aww, I would have like to have met you! It was so cool to meet Jen. We should all get together at a kid friendly place for fun!!!

Thanks Jen, you rock too! I was very intimidated by your beautiful cake, and the string work made it elegant and delicate looking.

I agree with Jen, more people should join next year, it's fun and exciting. Just to give a heads up on the theme for next year, it's "Say cheese!" and the cow that they chose is the black spotted california cheese cow (they couldn't remember what the real name of that type of cow).

I loved the experience and I learned alot too! And most of all I met great people!!

Jen your teqnique was beautiful and I can wait for next year!!!!

SweetTcakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:30am
post #42 of 44

Ok Orange county peeps! It's that time again.. The OC fair is coming up.. Go to OCfair.com and print out the single day contest form and enter the decorated cake contest.. fill it out and mail it.. It was so much fun last year.. I hope to see some more CC members.. I noticed that Jen Whitlock moved and I am bummed out about it.. I hope to hear from some of ya'll..

JenWhitlock Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 11:38am
post #43 of 44

yeah, I'm bummed I'm going to miss out. Theresa make sure you post pics!!!
that means you other OC folks better step up!!! icon_wink.gif

SweetTcakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #44 of 44

I will definately post pic's.. I was looking forward to seeing your talents once again, Jen.. Happy belated B-day BTW!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%