Can I Lose The Weight???

Lounge By cat121481 Updated 5 Mar 2006 , 5:11am by cakemommy

cat121481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat121481 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 14

Can I lose 15-30 lbs. by mid June? icon_eek.gif I plan on walking everyday, cutting out all soda (just drinking water) and watching my sugar birthday.gif and fat intake. icon_cry.gif I don't think that I can really follow a true diet. icon_redface.gif Is this a realistic goal?

13 replies
Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 14

I'm battling with my weight as well and read that losing about two pounds per week is healthy and easier to keep off. If you figure it out that way, with more than 13 weeks, you should be able to do fine. Personally, I just have to stop baking cookies. They say to stay away from corn syrup and I love the Toba Garrett's icing! icon_cry.gif

kos

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 14

I just started a new wieght loss plan last week. I need to lose 120 pounds and it should take me 2 years to do so losing roughly 5 pounds a month. Im sure you could find some way to lose that much weight but i dont think it would be healthy. 2 pounds a week is the most you should lose if you hope to keep it off. Good luck on your weight loss.

EDITED........ ok i reread your post and duh i thought it said 50 pounds by june. SORRY I MISREAD.......... yes you can lose that much weight in that amount of time.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 14

You and me both!! My goal is 20 lbs by the end of April... so about two months. I've only lost a couple lbs and have been on my low cal diet for 11 days now. I'm battling the scale. I think it's best to keep from weighing yourself everyday. icon_rolleyes.gif

I know it's doable to lose the weight you're proposing in the time you have set. Try cutting your calories back in addition to exercising and drinking more water. I've been writing everything down and have been shocked at how many calories I was consuming. Now I'm trying to do 1200 calories a day, but occasionally go to 1400. Still, it's a lot less than I was doing before... seems inevitable that I'll eventually lose the weight.

Just don't get frustrated if it doesn't come off super fast. You have more than enough time to lose the weight you want to. Shoot for 2 lbs a week and you'll do it easy. Some weeks you may not see any change at all others you'll see more than you expected! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

cat121481 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's best to keep from weighing yourself everyday.

I actually do not have any scales. I weigh myself about once a week when we visit my husband's aunt. She has scales like the doctors office.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:30am
post #6 of 14

I just read on 3fatchicks about a new diet called the Sonoma diet. The book came out last December. It's supposed to be like the Southbeach diet but easier to understand and gives you more options in grains. It follows a mediterranean diet. I may look for the book tomorrow. I know I need to break my Carb addiction. Has anyone tried it? It gets good reviews on Amazon.

kos

tymag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tymag Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 4:13am
post #7 of 14

It is a very reasonable goal. Just remember to keep track of your calorie consumption per day. Women should take in around 1600 to 2000 calories a day. So even if your watching you fat intake, calories can really add up. And walking is a great exercise, start with small distances and you be surprised how soon you can walk a mile or two a day! Good luck!

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 14

I'm in the same boat...trying to lose 15-20lbs by May 31st. I've been using the following free websites to watch my calorie intake:

www.caloriesperhour.com

www.fitday.com

I like fitday.com because you can track your calories all day from work and home so it's not such a chore to do at the end of the day. It's not perfect in trying to do searches on food but you can add customized foods and look up the info. on caloriesperhour.com or elsewhere on the net.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 14

I like this site too: http://www.nutritiondata.com/. You might check it out. You can analyze foods, compare them, learn about nutrition, figure out how many calories you personally need to lose weight, track your calories, and more. thumbs_up.gif

lilladycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilladycreations Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 14

I started weight watchers on February 16th, I didn't do to good over the past 2 week-ends. But I have lost 4.2 lbs. I want to lose a total of 30 lbs by June also. WW says the average to lose it .50 lbs to 2 lbs a week. So far I have lost, so I am happy. Starting week 3 today.

lemoncurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lemoncurd Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 4:44pm
post #11 of 14

Walking is great, but like the other poster said it really comes down to calories. Not having enough fat in your diet doesn't work well because you're always going to be hungry. Good fats are essential to your health too.

I'd also start lifting some weights and do some toning and strength training. Muscle burns calories and revs your metabolism.

kmcguire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcguire Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 6:06pm
post #12 of 14

It can be done if you watch your carbs... that has worked for me

cat121481 Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 3:29am
post #13 of 14

I have a real problem with limiting my carbs. I am from the south and my husband is Italian. We live on carbs!!!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had gestational diabetes. I thouhgt I was going to starve to death. The first week on the diabetic diet I lost eight pounds (I was 7 months pregnant). The next three weeks I did not gain any weight. I gave birth 4 weeks after being diagnosed with gestational diabetes. She was born a month early. That is the hardest thing i have ever had to do. I think the only reason that I was able to stick with it was for my baby's sake. I don't think I could do it just for myself.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 5:11am
post #14 of 14

So we all are in the same boat are we??? UGGGHHHHH! I despise trying to lose weight. Since I had my last baby boy Dec. '04, I have lost 54 lbs. (still have about 25 I'd like, no NEED to lose) I haven't done anything special but watch my snacking, eat more salads and veggies and chicken~ (retch icon_cry.gif ) I did this past Oct. join a gym. It's just five minutes from my house and when ever I go to Starbucks ( icon_rolleyes.gif ) I have to drive right by it so it's a kick in the bum every time. I drink lots of water and eat lots of eggs for my protein. 'course they say eggs have too much cholesterol as well as chicken but I just had my cholesterol checked the other day and it was within normal range!

Anyway, you can do it! You really can. The Suzanne Sommers Summersize diet is a really good one. She has several books out and each has a forward written by a Dr. that explains how the body processes protein, carbs, and fat.

Good luck all of you. It's tough as nails but we all can do it with our own support group here on CC! What a place for that huh? icon_lol.gif

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%