paolacaracas Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 3:15am
post #1 of 35

Do you know where can I buy this?
I find numbers 2 and 3 but no number 1 icon_cry.gif

34 replies
kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 3:30am
post #2 of 35

Do you have a picture of the number 2 and 3? I may know what are you talking about but I am not sure.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:38am
post #3 of 35

Well, I found the #1 extra mold sheet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Extra-mold-for-Petit-Four-Kit-1-Cake-Decorating_W0QQitemZ290072750593QQcategoryZ79631QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The blurb says they are the creators of the mold kits - so perhaps you can contact them and arrange a special auction for a kit.

HTH

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 35

What's a Tiffany Box Petit Four #1 Kit?
Paola:

To what are you referring when you say you find number 2 and number 3? Is it a pan? Let me know I'm just curious.
Bizcocho

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 35
laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 35

Buenos dias Paola
Yo tambien andaba en las mismas ayer, por que me encantaron estos petit fours. La señora que hace los moldes es Kathy Scott, y ella tiene su web-site Sweet Expressions hay solo te dice silicone molds y cuando seleccionas eso te lleva a su tienda en e-bay. Ahi ella tiene para el Kit #1 y el costo es solamente $4.00 y espera a que veas todos los silicone moldes para las decoracione!!!
Prepara la tarjeta de credito icon_wink.gif
Nely
thumbs_up.gif

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 35

Estos petit fours se ven bellos. Mi pregunta es: ¿cómo se ponen los bizcochos ahí adentro o es solo chocolate?

laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 35

Bueno la Sra. que hizo esas bellezas dice que es cake cubierto con light cocoa chocolate melts. Me imagino que como son silicone molds se hecha la mescla en los moldesitos y los hornean asi. Pero si eso es el caso, creo que hay que comprar bastantes moldesitos para poder hacer unos cuantos. icon_confused.gif Alguna idea Paola de como se usan estos moldes?
gracias
Nely
thumbs_up.gif

paolacaracas Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 35

Tengo entendido que si compras el kit, ademas de los formadores de plástico que cuestan $4, vienen también los cortadores que cortan los bizcochos justo del mismo tamaño que los formadores, y ademas vienen unos moldecitos de silicona para los adornos del tope. Estos moldes también se venden aparte pero los cortadores no, tampoco las instrucciones
Según me explicaron, se forman las cajitas de chocolate y luego se pone un poco de buttercream y luego se le mete un pedazo de bizcocho cortado justo del tamaño de la cajita de chocolate, por eso es tan importante los cortadores.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 5:57pm
post #11 of 35

Sweetexpress has a great selection of molds! They are one of my favorites to shop from on ebay. Highly recommend these folks!

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:06pm
post #12 of 35

I have been wanting to buy this kit also.But I can't figure out what all comes with it.Do you just get molds for the petit fours? Does the top fondant mold/molds come in the kit,too? I know you can buy extra molds for the petit fours and also a top decoration mold part.But when they sell "A KIT" do they include couple/few of each or what.These are really cute.They would be great addition to any cake decorators inventory.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:09pm
post #13 of 35

sigun yo tengo entender es como paola lo esplico.
el molde que venden is para usuarlo con chocolate.
pones el choco deretido, lugo colocas el biscocho y el icing.
y mas chocolate ariba para serarlo y formar una cajita.
no creo que esos sean para poner en el horno.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:14pm
post #14 of 35

Oh please please please talk in English -- I keep thinking I'm missing something!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

For those who have any of these kits, can you please tell us about them (this is the first I've ever heard of them) and how many extra molds would you recommend getting with each kit?

Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:22pm
post #15 of 35

I believe she said that those molds are for chocolote and for the fridge not for baking in the oven. I am not sure.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm
post #16 of 35

Lejla and Bobwonderbuns~~~~ icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to the Tiffany Box Petit Four Kit #2. The seller is the developer and this auction describes what all the kit includes and everything else about it. icon_smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiffany-Box-Petit-Four-Kit-2-Cake-Decorating_W0QQitemZ290086243874QQcategoryZ79631QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 6:59pm
post #17 of 35

lol sorry bobwonderbuns.
i wrote it in spanish cause it was posted in the spanish forum. wasn't sure if the poster read english.
She was wondering how they work, if you can stick the mold in the oven to bake the cake. Someone replied explaining to her how it's done. and how they also sell little cutters, to cut the cake to perfect size to fit in the molds.
What i said was that the mold is to use poured chocolate, insert piece of cake and icing. then pour more chocolate on top to create a seal sorta like a box. i mentioned that i don't think those molds are meant for baking.

I have never done these, but for what i've read and seen on sites, that's the impression i got on how they work.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:01pm
post #18 of 35

bobwonderbuns

You buy the kit, it will come with metal cutters that match the plastic molds.

Bake a sheet cake, use cutters to cut cake.

For the molds you use chocolate mixed with paramount crystals (makes the chocolate soft to bit into). Put chocolate in mold, swirl. Let chocolate get hard, you can put a little frosting inside or filling (a dab) then put cut shaped cake into mold. cover with chococolate. You can decorate the top with tiny flowers, swirls of chocolate, fondant accets, what ever you want.

You are done. Instructions comes with kits and you can order extra molds.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 10:22pm
post #19 of 35

paolacaracas:
Thanks for posting my photo!!! Just made some more today with the molds/toppers in Kit #2. Will post in a minute to my photos. If no one objects, I'll post them here also?
Kit #1 is the square, oval, triangle and round shapes. Kit #2 is the diamond, rectangle, octagon and teardrop shapes. Kit #3 is the heart only shapes.

Justsweet explained the procedure pretty well!!! The only other point I would make is to not leave the completed petit four (before decorating) in the freezer over 5 minutes. I found that the chocolate tends to get a bit sticky to the touch if you do. The fondant "toppers" can be attached to the petit four with just dabs of water. I've also played around putting chocolate in the topper molds and it worked great too.

I would recommend buying at least 2 extra molds in the shapes/kit you pick. Makes things go quite a bit faster.

mjs4492 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 10:41pm
post #20 of 35

Here's a photo of Kits #1 and #2. Hard to get a real clear close-up... The Lily topper is my favorite in this kit - just wanted to share.
LL
LL

paolacaracas Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 11:48pm
post #21 of 35

Margareth stop making me jealous, can't you see I'm in pain here? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif
Your petit fours are so beautiful, I just wrote an e-mail to the lady who make them, to ask why there are no more of the #1 kit.
you can buy every part of the kit but the cutters separate , do you think the cutters are easy to come by in any other store?, I have a set of Ateco rounds, but maybe triangles and ovals are harder to find...

mjs4492 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 12:40am
post #22 of 35

icon_smile.gif

I don't think I'd chance it! I've never seen any cutters the size of these and if you get some that are too big, you'd end up having to cut them down to fit in to the molds.
Maybe she's just out of the #1 kit. She posts new products just about every week. I saw something on her site but it wasn't listed in her eBay shop so I emailed her and she posted it the next week. In my opinion, the toppers are a bit prettier in kit #2 - more flowery and of course, differently shaped for the teardrop and diamond. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either kit though.
Her service/shipping is excellent also.

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:01am
post #23 of 35

I wrote her today and she said she didn't know that Kit 1 was out, she would be putting more up on the ebay store.icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:10am
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Oh please please please talk in English -- I keep thinking I'm missing something!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

For those who have any of these kits, can you please tell us about them (this is the first I've ever heard of them) and how many extra molds would you recommend getting with each kit?

I have one of her Petit Fours kits, they are very good quality.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:11am
post #25 of 35
Quote:

Oops, sorry for the double posting, I meant to hit pm.

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:11am
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

Quote:

This has been posted in the Spanish category of the forum, of course they are speaking Spanish.

Thanks Shirley! I didn't know that, I've been reading here in this forum so I didn't realize. I still feel like I was missing something!icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:11am
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

Quote:

I have one of her Petit Fours kits and the molds, they are a very good quality.

How do you like them? How do you use them?

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:22am
post #28 of 35

I gave this info to someone else earlier today, but I shop at Sweet Celebrations here locally. They have a website.

http://www.sweetc.com/

You can view their catalogue but to order you have to call. These people are great & they have a lot of stuff and they are very knowlegable. Most of the pictures in their catalogue the food and decorations are made by the owners or the people that work for them.
They have many petit four cutter and what not. The mold you linked to originally is for making chocolate petit four cups. That I believe once you use the cutters the petit fours will fit in. That is my understanding anyway.
I hope this helps. Good Luck.

bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 6:08pm
post #29 of 35

Has anyone seen these? It's by the same lady, but instead of petit fours, it's mini wedding cakes. Has anyone used them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290045094667&rd=1&rd=1

Flavor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flavor Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 7:20pm
post #30 of 35

bobwonderbuns:

This part of the forum is CC Español (Spanish). We can help you but some people do not read, speak English.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%