Help...cookie Dough Problem

Baking By leslies125 Updated 5 Mar 2006 , 1:34pm by MomLittr

leslies125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leslies125 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:33am
post #1 of 5

ok...I used the sugar cookie recipe on here a few weeks ago, and they came out beautifully....so I made another batch last night and put it in the fridge overnight so it would firm up...I got it out today to roll out and it's sticky and sticks to the parchment paper....what do I do? I can't roll it out, it sticks to everything, and I've heard adding more flour will make it tough....I'm new to this, can you tell? hahaha

4 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:47am
post #2 of 5

I think you can add a little more flour and it will be ok. I would roll between the parchment and then let it chill a little, then cut into shapes while still on the parchment. I just bake mine on the parchment paper placed on cookie sheets.

Cindy

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:55am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslies125

ok...I used the sugar cookie recipe on here a few weeks ago, and they came out beautifully....so I made another batch last night and put it in the fridge overnight so it would firm up...I got it out today to roll out and it's sticky and sticks to the parchment paper....what do I do? I can't roll it out, it sticks to everything, and I've heard adding more flour will make it tough....I'm new to this, can you tell? hahaha

Next time, roll the dough out flat then wrap it and freeze it. This way all you have to do is let it thaw just enough to cut your cookies out and you will be ready to throw the first batch in the oven in no time.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 12:44am
post #4 of 5

I made my first batch of no-fail sugar cookies today. I baked them for 10 minutes, but they are not brown on the bottom edge (although cooked). They cooled firm, so I thought they were done, however a taste test made by me and a family member, we both agree it has a floury taste. icon_cry.gif Now, does that mean I did not cook long enough. I didn't want to overbake like I ususally do. The cookies are 1/4" thick. Here's a stupid question, can I put them back in the oven and cook until there is browining on the bottom? Guess I better go get a oven thermometer!

deb

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

UPDATE........
thought I was the only person in the world who could mess up no-fail sugar cookes icon_redface.gif . . . but took a few and put them back in the oven this morning until the edges were lightly browned. NOW they taste just wonderful - no floury taste - this is a fantastic recipie!!! I am always overbaking cookies and this was the first time I underbaked some. Now I have to go back and finish baking the rest of them Next step, icing!!!

deb

PS: now, if I could just get folks to buy these......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%