Strawberry Cream Filling And Cookies N Cream Filling?

Decorating By dtmc Updated 3 Mar 2006 , 4:22pm by dtmc

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 6

What are some good cake flavors/mixes to go with strawberry cream filling and cookies n cream filling?

icon_smile.gif

5 replies
lainee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainee Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 6

I have a cookies and cream cake recipe that I use the cookies and cream frosting to fill and frost with. This would also be good with a chocolate cake, I'm sure, I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't made strawberries and cream filling before, but it seems to me that it would go well with a lot of stuff, angel food cake, white cake, chocalate cake (everyone tries to put rasberries with chocolate, but I prefer strawberries, pound cake. I'm sure there will be some more experienced bakers that can give you some great ideas.

Lainee

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:47am
post #3 of 6

Ditto,
Strawberries with a white or yellow cake, lemon cake. Cookies and cream goes well with chocolate.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:53am
post #4 of 6

Oh that would be good with a Strawberry Crunch Cake...My aunt makes it all the time but never puts filling in it.. Here's her recipe...

2 (10 ounces each) packages frozen strawberries in syrup
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pecan Layer and Topping:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sauce:
Reserved strawberry syrup
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons lemon juice
PREPARATION:

Drain thawed strawberries, reserving syrup; set aside.
In a mixing bowl cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Blend in sour cream. In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture, blending well.
Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 13x8x2-inch baking pan. Spoon drained strawberries over the batter.
Combine pecan layer ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle half of the nut mixture over the layer of batter and strawberries. Spread remaining batter over all, then sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine reserved strawberry syrup with 4 teaspoons cornstarch. Heat, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Cool and serve over warm or cooled strawberry crunch cake.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

My aunt said this is a delicious CookiesnCream Cake... She uses it a lot for church and always a hit... but she adds a whipped filling but I suggested a cookiecream filling she asked for the recipe so if you have that filling recipe then please post!

Here is hers actually its a betty crocker recipe...

Cookies 'n Cream Cake
How do you make a moist delicious cake even better? Add cookies!

1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
8 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
Sweetened Whipped Cream (See Below)

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour bottom and side of round pan, 8x1 1/2 or 9x1 1/2 inches.
2. Beat all ingredients except cookies and Sweetened Whipped Cream in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in cookies. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with Sweetened Whipped Cream, and garnish with additional cookies if desired.

Sweetened Whipped Cream

3/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1. Beat ingredients in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks you guys! Both of those cake recipes sound delicious. I will definitly try the cookiesncream cake.

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%