How Can I Cut Chocolate And Get A Clean Cut?

Sugar Work By HammIamm Updated 22 Mar 2007 , 3:29pm by deedee4420

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 4

i make this mixture of chocolate, nuts and fruit, then i allow it to set in a round cake pan. what I want to achieve is slices, similar to a pizza. can anyone suggest the best way to slice this, to get a nice clean cut as well as keeping it uniform???
thanks

3 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

It may be too thick to cut into nice even wedges, but you can heat a sharp knife in hot water, wipe dry and then cut. You will have to repeat it as you cut each section.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 4

shirley's right. the other day i did a chocolate wrap on my cake, and the hot knife worked great. how thick is your chocolate? you may have some cracks here or there where you dont want them, but having the knife be hot first will definately help. dont forget to have a tall glass of hot water and a big kitchen towel near by so that you can continue to redip the knife and wipe it off as you need to.

deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 4

I have done a chocolate pizza, the bottom is dark chocolate and I add favorite nuts and dried fruits on top.

I did use a large scone pan that is already sectioned in wedges. I lined each wedge shape with parchment paper letting some hang over the side of each wedge and spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper and added the toppings on each wedge.

When it hardened I pulled the parchment paper end and each slice came right out. I was then able to place the slices on a plate and decorate with drizzed white chocolate to look like cheese.

Favorite special dessert!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%