Information Needed

Decorating By chrislong66 Updated 6 Mar 2006 , 3:14am by beany

chrislong66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrislong66 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 7:25am
post #1 of 9

Hi all, I hope someone can help me, I live in Perth Western Australia and we have a limited supply of wilton products. I was wondering if someone could please let me know what the ingredient list of the meringue powder is as I have not been able to purchase that here and I would like to see if I can find an alternative. I would love to be able to do the wilton courses but they are not done here either. I bought the books and am working through them a bit at a time, the books are available but not the kits that go with them....go figure?
thankyou,
regards Chris thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
OzCakelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCakelover Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 7:33am
post #2 of 9

Hi Chris

I'm also in Australia. I've bought many of my supplies..many of which are Wilton from Ebay (USA). I've seen the meringue powder for sale there.
I hope that helps.
Cheers
Tash

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 7:43am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislong66

Hi all, I hope someone can help me, I live in Perth Western Australia and we have a limited supply of wilton products. I was wondering if someone could please let me know what the ingredient list of the meringue powder is as I have not been able to purchase that here and I would like to see if I can find an alternative. I would love to be able to do the wilton courses but they are not done here either. I bought the books and am working through them a bit at a time, the books are available but not the kits that go with them....go figure?
thankyou,
regards Chris thumbs_up.gif

Hi Christ
Im in Melbourne Australia. You'll be able to find almost anything you need on this website
http://www.bakerysugarcraft.com.au

purty sure they have meringue powder
good luck
Happy baking
Nati

chrislong66 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 8:05am
post #4 of 9

thanks for those, I have used ebay for quite a few years now and have been unsuccessful in aquiring the powder and I have checked out that store previously and they dont carry it either....I just figure that if I know what the ingredients are I might find something simular at the cake shop or even pavlova magic may work icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 8:25am
post #5 of 9

Hi Chris! The meringue powder can lists these ingredients:
Corn Starch, Egg Whites, Sugar, Gum Arabic,
Calcium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Cream of Tartar, Silicon Dioxide and Artificial Flavor.

It also says: Can be used as an egg white substitute in baking. 2tsp meringue + 2 tbsp water equals 1 egg white.

HTH, Janice

chrislong66 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 8:27am
post #6 of 9

thankyou janice

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 9

Chris
BakerySugarcraft used to stock it, along with all their other Wilton stuff, have you tried asking them???
Also just found these on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-Meringue-Powder_W0QQitemZ4438081018QQcategoryZ46281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-Meringue-Powder-for-Baking-and-Cake-decorations_W0QQitemZ4431219415QQcategoryZ46281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, what are you making with it??
I have bought powdered egg whites from a cake decorating store to make royal icing and it works well.
Nati

chrislong66 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 9

yes I found those on ebay after I posted, the first one only ships to the US though so I am going with the second one. I want to make the wilton recipe for buttercream as I finally found a source for shortening over here and I have a very hard time making black and red icing. I found some other stuff in a cake shop that I thought would be simular to meringue powder but I want the real thing to compare it with

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 3:14am
post #9 of 9

MakeitandBakeit sell meringue powder. They are based in Queensland. They can post some out to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%