American Idol Fans???

Lounge By southaustingirl Updated 7 Jun 2006 , 9:07pm by wendysue

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 4:03am
post #1 of 353

Is anybody watching AI? Who is your favorite girl? Guy? I like Paris and Mandisa......and Tayor Hicks is the only guy I like.

I think there should be a Senior American Idol for us '"oldies but goodies"

352 replies
Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 4:09am
post #2 of 353

I gotta go for Paris since she's from the city I currently live in! thumbs_up.gif
I like Mandisa a lot too. She gives me chills when she sings. As for the guys, Ace doesn't have to sing a thing, he can just stand there for all I care! icon_razz.gif

kos

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 11:36am
post #3 of 353

We're watching too! There's no doubt Paris and Mandisa are going to be the final two women, but the men will keep it interesting. This year I think the personalities go to the men. There are a couple of different styles and looks and it's hard for me to have a favorite there. Taylor is so weird, but he's GOOD. Ace is good, but too perfect looking - I like a little different on my guys icon_smile.gif.

southaustingirl Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 353

Taylor has always remined me of a cross between Ray Charles and Joe Cocker. Maybe that is why I like him...........he reminds me of a couple of old guys icon_lol.gif

....and I am old, too!!

Anyway, I was not very impressed with the ladies last night. They all kinda seemed to be toning it down. I think Brenna and Heather are goign to get voted off next.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 353

While we are on the subject of Brenna I have to say I would not be sorry to see her go tapedshut.gif She drives me crazy!! Okay, got it out of my system.
I too was very dissapointed in the girls last night..maybe the guys will be better tonight. thumbs_up.gif

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 353

Southaustingirl - that's so funny what you said about Taylor - that's exaxtly what we thought - the Ray Charles - Joe Cocker mix icon_smile.gif.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 353

My mom is a big AI fan and has her friends over to watch with her. I just watched last night for the first time this season. Brenna got on my last nerve! The poses are sooo fake. If she twisted herself around any more to put her hand on her hip she would be a pretzel!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 353

Mandisa is my favorite female vocalist by far, but can't say for sure who I like amongst the guys... honestly I'm sitting her trying to remember everyones name. I like Will (don't recall last name) and I like Taylor and Elliott. Will looks a little like my younger brother, so that might be why I like him. icon_rolleyes.gif

Love the show though. We are huge fans at our house! I think overall the guys are better than the girls this year, but Mandisa is incredible. She's even got the one name thing going on already! She knows how to play it! thumbs_up.gif

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 353

Well I have to say my favorite girl is Kellie Pickler and guy is Chris since we are all from North Carolina! But, my other guy favorite is ACE....he is so cute!! icon_razz.gif

lea058 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lea058 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 353

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Katherine, i think she's got an amazingly pure voice. I don't know but i like her, she's shy yet spunky. Kindda like me!!! icon_redface.gif
Oh and as for Ace, HOT!!!! He reminds me of last years Constantine, who was also HOT![/b]

tlnewman Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 10:26pm
post #11 of 353

I am so glad I am not the only one who loves Ace! icon_wink.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 12:30am
post #12 of 353

Who wouldn't love Ace. I also like Paris and Madisa,and a couple of other ladies, but I don't remember their names.

tlnewman Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 2:38am
post #13 of 353

OMG I can't believe how good Chris did tonight! He is sooo awesome!

Kos Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 3:12am
post #14 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlnewman

Yep, Chris was awesome. I was pretty bored with the crooner. I actually flipped on the Andy Griffith Show to see which one they were airing in honor of Don Knotts while he was singing. (it was a funny one too icon_lol.gif ) Tomorrow's Idol is going to interfere with my Survivor. icon_mad.gif I'm so into reality TV lately!

kos

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 3:31am
post #15 of 353

Favorite females--Mandesa, Kelly (she's so sweet), and Katherine

Favorite Guys--Taylor, Chris, Elliott and Gideon (Memphis boy).
Ace is cute, but I think his "look" is a little weird. Maybe I'm just too old....I'm sure I could be his mother.

I love this show. I don't always agree with the judges. I think they try to sway the public to vote certain ones off......

Who do I want to see go?? Brenna, Heather, the crooner and Kevin. Kevin is cute, but to me his voice is really not that good...

Just my opinion----stayed tuned...

Cindy

southaustingirl Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:41am
post #16 of 353

Well, I was kinda disappointed with Taylor's performance. I think he needs to stick to soulful, blues kinda songs. I'd like to hear him sing Van Morrison's "Crazy Love".

Chris did a really good job....sang a song by Fuel (whoever they are)....I am only familiar with bands from the 60's and 70's. Elloit did a good job, too.

And I don't think Ace did that well tonight. Hey, did ya'll notice Bo BiIce was in the audience.

Don't ya'll think Bucky and Kellie would make a cute couple?!?! They both seemed really impressed with the 'weird' California food.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 6:16am
post #17 of 353

After ACE sung "Father Figure" the other night I wanted to yell out "DADDY!" and his brother "UNCLE!" icon_lol.gif

I could only drool and sigh since my hubby was in the room. Sheesh ACE makes me want to be 18 and one of the girls squeeling in the audience.

Hey! just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu. thumbs_up.gif

Shyann

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 7:02am
post #18 of 353
Quote:
Quote:

Hey! just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu

That made me laugh!

I watch the show with my daughters, here in Chennai, India. We do not get the live show, we see it 24 hours later. And obviously, we do not get to vote!

Our favourites are Mandalisa, Lisa, Taylor and Ace.

Is it only me, but Brenna seems like Michaela Gordon and Fran Drescher rolled into one. Hope she is gone tonight.
Karen

Kos Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 12:20pm
post #19 of 353

ShyannAutumn - Your quote about the diet/menu is too funny.
I'll have to remember that!

icon_lol.gif
kos

tlnewman Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 12:45pm
post #20 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by southaustingirl

Don't ya'll think Bucky and Kellie would make a cute couple?!?! They both seemed really impressed with the 'weird' California food.

It's because they are both from NC! I don't think I could eat those foods either! We all love the home cooked southern foods! icon_biggrin.gif

tlnewman Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 2:36am
post #21 of 353

Ding Dong the witch is gone! I am sooo glad to see her go! icon_biggrin.gif

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 4:17am
post #22 of 353

LOL ... those menu's look delicious sometimes.

Shyann

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 2:12pm
post #23 of 353

I can't help but chime in to this conversation!

I think Mandesa is fabulous! Katherine is also amazing. I like Pickler and Paris for their personalities but I think Mandesa and Katerhine are the most talented vocally.

As for the guys, I think the bald rocker guy and Elliot are the most talented. Everytime the rocker guy sings you can see and feel the passion in his voice. But Taylor is my favorite guy.

As for Ace....whew! He's beautiful but he still seems a little vunerable! What a great combonation!

southaustingirl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 2:15pm
post #24 of 353

yep...Brenna is gone! And I thought Heather would go, too.....tyring to sing Mariah Carrie (Carry) was not a good idea.

I am glad that Taylor is still around.....has to rush home from the airport to see last night's show!!

Next week is the final cut, right? Then it's the Final 12.

tlnewman Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 2:35pm
post #25 of 353

That's right! I am so glad America made the right choice on sending those 4 home. When it comes down to the final 12 it should get real good!

Kos Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:33pm
post #26 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranaco

As for Ace....whew! He's beautiful but he still seems a little vunerable! What a great combination!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ooooh, that's wicked. icon_razz.gif I didn't think Ace was as good as the first week. I do like Elliot's voice a lot. He just looks a little different to be an Idol. icon_confused.gif

kos

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 10:52pm
post #27 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlnewman

Yep, Chris was awesome. I was pretty bored with the crooner. I actually flipped on the Andy Griffith Show to see which one they were airing in honor of Don Knotts while he was singing. (it was a funny one too icon_lol.gif ) Tomorrow's Idol is going to interfere with my Survivor. icon_mad.gif I'm so into reality TV lately!

kos

I hope you watched survivor LOL.... i Can;t believe they voted Bobby off. He's damn fine!!!! I would have voted Shane off in a heart beat. He's a weak, whinny wimp. And odd enough they all let him pull the shots. He was crying about how he wanted off the island earlier in the game. He obviously does not want that one million bad enough.

Kos Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 1:30am
post #28 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

I hope you watched survivor LOL.... i Can;t believe they voted Bobby off. He's damn fine!!!! I would have voted Shane off in a heart beat. He's a weak, whinny wimp. And odd enough they all let him pull the shots. He was crying about how he wanted off the island earlier in the game. He obviously does not want that one million bad enough.

I did watch Survivor. Shane is a bit unstable, isn't he. What's with his "swear on my son" stuff? No one has ever met his son so what do they care? icon_confused.gif

By the way CakePrincess, I'm glad to see you finally have an avatar again. Your beautiful rose cookies are a little nicer than the Grinch, although I was sad to see him go. icon_lol.gif

kos

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 6:18pm
post #29 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

I did watch Survivor. Shane is a bit unstable, isn't he. What's with his "swear on my son" stuff? No one has ever met his son so what do they care? icon_confused.gif

By the way CakePrincess, I'm glad to see you finally have an avatar again. Your beautiful rose cookies are a little nicer than the Grinch, although I was sad to see him go. icon_lol.gif

kos

Oh no kidding they dont even know if he has a son. He could be pulling a "Johnny Fairplay" for all they know. I hope they vote his butt off. He should have been gone from the minute he started whining. Bobby did a beautiful job of getting them that reward. Bruce was there hacking that damn fish for a year and then he knew he could not do it so he swapped out.

Thanks Kos, I got tired of not having an avatar so in the mean time this is it. Oh and if I can get the Grinch in a bunny suit... I'm gonna have him back for Easter. Come on you know you love that grinch avatar too. Admit it. You LOVED it LOL... icon_biggrin.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 5:37pm
post #30 of 353

I like Paris and Mandesa and so do they ..But I think Ayla has a beautiful voice and the whole package thingy...For the guys I like that Ace,Taylor..although I don't think he'll win and that guy who sang the Bon Jovi song last weekk and Simon said he had a great recording voice.I'm surprised about Elliott because they have raved over his voice but I just don't or haven't seen that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%