Poll - What Is Your Kids' Fav. Cake Flavor?

Decorating By melissablack Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm by Daniellemhv

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 31

I'm just wondering what is the favorite of the majority of kids. I am making cakes for my sons' classes for Easter, and I don't know if I should stick with something basic like chocolate & vanilla, or if kids would like something different like strawberry, confetti, etc...

What do your kids like?
TIA
Melissa

30 replies
Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 31

The kids I take care of love carrot and zucchinni cake. Thats the top of their list and after that its banana and then chocolate.
Sorry if thats not much of a help but i cant exactally say they have a normal taste in desserts.

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 31

My kids are kinda icon_razz.gif , they want either choc or vanilla. But now I had some white mix and sent it to school, the only conplaint I had was from my son as I was baking. But the true be told, he ate one too. icon_lol.gif

Patricia

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 31

My sons favorite is marble but butter yellow is a close second. Same goes for all his friends thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 31

One says nothing but chocolate mud cake "is" cake! icon_lol.gif
The other child says"who cares as long as it is cake!" thumbs_up.gif

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 31

Hi! I have a zillion kids in my family and they all like when there are lots of colors in the cake. They love confetti, and they also really liked it when I 'marbled' a white mix on my own. You could use a couple of 'easter' colors and 'marble' it into a white mix. HTH thumbs_up.gif

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 31

Butter yellow all the way. They HATE chocolate!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:35pm
post #8 of 31

my kids all love chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
BUT if it's for school i would go w/vanilla or confetti. I would not give them 2 choices, it becomes a mess if i don't make enough of one kind.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:38pm
post #9 of 31

My oldest loved vanilla, middle loves chocolate and littlest loves ANY cake. I would do vanilla with your own easter colors marble. Great idea val_nutrimedics! With all the allergies to chocolate vanilla seems safe and yummy!
Tracy

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:43pm
post #10 of 31

My girls love carrot cake, banana cake, any kind really!!

I liked the idea val_nutrimetics had to marble the white with different colors for Easter. I think the kids would LOVE that!!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 31

Mine love chocolate and vanilla. Sometime's they'll experiment with other flavors, but not often. For school I always send either chocolate or vanilla. But if you do vanilla, why not do confetti? I'm sure they would all love it. I love doing filled cupcakes for my kids' classes, it's a little surprise inside icon_biggrin.gif

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:52pm
post #12 of 31

Chocolate for both of mine. But right now probably none, they are caked out!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:58pm
post #13 of 31

My oldest will do chocolate or vanilla. My middle is chocolate ONLY! And my daughter is vanilla or strawberry (though I am convinced that she only eats it because it is pink icon_wink.gif ).

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:01pm
post #14 of 31

My kids are 8,6 & 1 and they all prefer chocolate cake & chocolate bc lol. So does their mommy icon_redface.gif

ladybug30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug30 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:05pm
post #15 of 31

My daughter loves chocolate cake the chocolate syrup frosting.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:08pm
post #16 of 31

Choc. cake with french vanilla filling is by far my kid's favorite cake combo......

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:14pm
post #17 of 31

My 7 year old son loves red velvet. He is such a chocoholic (wonder where he gets that from) and the fact that its red is even better.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:17pm
post #18 of 31

My daughter loves Sweet Cream Cake.....yummy!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:18pm
post #19 of 31

My kids like funfetti and chocolate...in fact, I'm taking a cake to my son's Young 5s/kindergarten class Thursday and he chose funfetti (confetti).

On another note, my kids like any type of cake, but I know a few who won't touch strawberry. Not sure if they are the majority, but thought I'd put that out there.

Jodie

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:20pm
post #20 of 31

My son says "confetti"...even though he has never had this kind icon_lol.gifshhh.gif I think he just like the name icon_smile.gif He will eat whichever cake I make-he LOVES it all. icon_biggrin.gif (btw-he's 5) HTH

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:32pm
post #21 of 31

My twins all-time favorite is chocolate, chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing. But their favorite dessert isn't even cake...it's chocolate mint brownies.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:33pm
post #22 of 31

The younger ones prefer white cake/white bc frosting with sprinkles. The older ones prefer Chocolate cake/chocolate frosting.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:47pm
post #23 of 31

Thanks everyone! I'm loving reading everyones responses. My boys are Pre-K & K so the kids will be between 4-6 years old. I like the idea of doing different colored marble for Easter.

Can you make a confetti cake from scratch? Would you just add sprinkles to a white cake? I've never made one before, well maybe a cake mix when I was a kid...

sweetcaques Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcaques Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:49pm
post #24 of 31

My four year olds fav cake flavor is "banella" with bc icing any color. icon_biggrin.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:56pm
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcaques

My four year olds fav cake flavor is "banella" with bc icing any color. icon_biggrin.gif

That's the way my four year old says vanilla too.

My oldest (icon_cool.gif loves marble cake. My youngest never voices an opinion other than when I did my sister's wedding cake and some of the layers were strawberry Duncan Hines (her favorite) and he wouldn't even lick the beaters.

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:00pm
post #26 of 31

melissablack asked:

Quote:
Quote:

Can you make a confetti cake from scratch? Would you just add sprinkles to a white cake?

That's what I do! My 2 boys' favorites are chocolate and my daughter's favorite 'white with sprinkles'!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:43pm
post #27 of 31

Yes you can make a confetti cake from scratch...do just what you said, add sprinkles. Marble is also a good idea. I think either one of those would work for that age group. My kids are 5 and 4 and they love confetti. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm taking funfetti (cake mix) on school Thursday, I'll let you know how well it goes over. Jodie

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:57pm
post #28 of 31

My 3 year old's favourite is chocolate cake with IMBC, though she does love most cake (including licking the cake batter off the spoon!! LOL)

Kelly

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 8:07pm
post #29 of 31

Chocolate with Peanut Butter frosting.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 8:09pm
post #30 of 31

My adult "kids" love white cake with strawberries and cream filling. My grandchildren, very young nephews & great-nephew/niece like the icing only. They're young so there's hope for them yet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%