Chocolate Anyone???

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 14 Apr 2005 , 10:40pm by AngelWendy

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 5

Do some of you fine fine ladies think that we need a "Chocolate" cake category? I was just looking at some of the recent pics posted and my-oh-my are there some de-li-cious looking chocolate cakes out there. There are sooo many of them that IMO I think we need a separate category just for the chocolate/ganache cakes!!! We'd really go into chocolate heaven then wouldn't we? I know I would!

Amy

P.S. Okay, now where's that Hershey's bar???

4 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 5

Chocolate (icing) cake has it's own share of hurdles when decorating. It may be nice to be able to zero in on other's ides. However, that would also mean they would be taken away from the proper category. Which weighs heavier for all of you?

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe a catagory labeled "Specialty Chocolate", showcasing projects that are not birthday or otherwised themed. Their only theme being CHOCOLATE! MMMMMMMMMM, where is that Hersey bar!?!

Sandi

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 5

HAHAHA!!! Unfortunately my Hershey's Bar is at the store! Oh shucks! I like your idea. However we can get the chocolate category and what ever we have to call it I think will be a good idea. I've just seen a lot of threads here about ganache and how to decorate on ganache. If we had a category which can feature such cakes I think a lot of questions and ideas can be answered. If it doesn't work out then that's fine. I don't want cakes to be taken out of their intended category. It was just an idea since there seems to be a lot of "ganache" cake appearing!

I really want some chocolate now! Darnit!!!

Amy

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, I'd really like a separate chocolate category in the galleries. I wasn't sure where to put my chocolate tier cake and it didn't really fit other categories very well. Some of the other categories are overlapping, too - like color themes and bridal shower or wedding, but people pick the one they want to post it in and it's all good. A chocolate forum area might be good, too! icon_smile.gif

~AngelWendy
Chocoholic Extraordinaire

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%