Which Is Your Favorite Cake...

Decorating By scrapmomof3 Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 8:40pm by denise4

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:15am
post #1 of 41

that you have ever done? Was it for yourself or someone else? Is there anything you would change about it now if you could?

Attach a pic if you can.

40 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:14am
post #2 of 41

its hard to decide, but here are a few that i am most proud of.

this was for a private school christmas chapel. my first big cake- with so much fondant too! (if redone, i would have made the crowns circumference smaller and made the top of it flatter and dusted it with powder color to make a velvety look. also would have glued down the fondant strips with water...some of them started to come off!)
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=melysa&cat=0&pos=2

for a good friend's birthday- (if redone- i would have used a smaller tip for the scroll work, and made the scrolls smaller with more detail. )
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=melysa&cat=0&pos=12

for our nephew- a family joke... (if redone...maybe studied what a real catfish actually looked like! ha ha)
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=melysa&cat=0&pos=30

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 11:52am
post #3 of 41

Well my current favorite is the one of my avatar. I also kind of proud of my space shuttle cake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=merissa&cat=0&pos=5

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 41

Wow, that shuttle cake is amazing! My son would go crazy over that!!

Lisa

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 41

Merissa,

Your butterflies are just beautiful.. I can see why that would be your favourite. Mine would have to be the Hawaiin themed one in my photos.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 41

Mine would be my watch cake. If I make it again, I'll make it for a lady so I can use a different color icon_smile.gif Oohhh that would be fun!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Dayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayzie Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 41

Wow! That cake is awesome Fooby!

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 41

mine would be the Hibiscus Cake for my best friend's 50th in my photos.

(how do you make the link?)

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 41

Mine would be the Vino cake in my photo gallery. Such an elegant cake. Next time I'd do the label a bit differently, but overall it is one of my favs.

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 41

Here's mine.......

click on the picture to enlarge.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 41

Mine is my avator and the pillow cake which was a cake that did'nt cause any problems, which is unusual for me, it just sort of "flowed" from start to finish and did'nt take me forever like most too
LL

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:01pm
post #12 of 41

Here's mine......
LL
LL

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:04pm
post #13 of 41

Denise4, that pillow cake is amazing!! I just love the pattern on it. WOW.

yvesyong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvesyong Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:06pm
post #14 of 41

Fooby, your watch cake looks good. But please do not give such a cake to a Chinese. The chinese for 'clock' sounds like 'end' , or end of life. So giving a clock is a curse....

denise4 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:07pm
post #15 of 41

Thank you Iheartcake, It was extremely easy to do, I just used an embosser, I was proud of it as it was my first shaped cake, once again thanks

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:15pm
post #16 of 41

I'm proud of my royal icing butterfly cupcakes...it was my first time with such figures..(i can't figure out how to attach my photo to this forum..but it's in my pics) Oh, and my R2-D2...that was a challenge! icon_smile.gif Boy! You all have some really nice cakes! Very talented!!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:21pm
post #17 of 41

Dayzie, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesyong

Fooby, your watch cake looks good. But please do not give such a cake to a Chinese. The chinese for 'clock' sounds like 'end' , or end of life. So giving a clock is a curse....

Yves, I gave it to an American man who collects watches. It wasn't a clock, it was a watch. So does a watch count as a curse? icon_smile.gif

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm
post #18 of 41
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:23pm
post #19 of 41

Such pretty cakes everyone! I love the watch cake...interesting about chinese and what it would symbolize!

For those who dont know how to link their cakes. If it is in your gallery highlight the browser info (is that what it is called) and copy it. Then click back on this thread and paste it to your message. Does that make sense??

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:29pm
post #20 of 41

Hey everybody,, i think my favorite is my monkey cake i did for my sister,, i just liked the look of it when i was finished,, i wished i had done the writing differently,, Now let me see if i can attach pic, if not its in my photos.. okay well can't post it,, says it must be less than something,, blah blah blah,, and i don;t know how to resize...
Love all the cakes,,,

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-264613.html

edited to try and add the link,, maybe it;ll work..

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:35pm
post #21 of 41

Off Subject--How do you resize pics; anyone know???

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:35pm
post #22 of 41

"Merissa"..thank you for the info on how to link pics..I'll definately try it out! icon_smile.gif

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:40pm
post #23 of 41

I would have to say that one of my favorites is my 50th anniversary cake. If I could change anything it would be the quality of my roses- I was a beginner at flower making when I did this cake.
LL

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:48pm
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise4

Mine is my avator and the pillow cake which was a cake that did'nt cause any problems, which is unusual for me, it just sort of "flowed" from start to finish and did'nt take me forever like most too

How did you make that gorgeous design??? WOW!!!

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:51pm
post #25 of 41

here's mine, I am just a beginner so I am still trying to make that one that is just WOW!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=SweetCakesFL&cat=0&pos=1

denise4 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:54pm
post #26 of 41

SweetCakesFL....it was very easy, I used a patchwork rose embosser just pressed into the fondant at random

denise4 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:01pm
post #27 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCakesFL

here's mine, I am just a beginner so I am still trying to make that one that is just WOW!!

I just looked at your cake, its so pretty!!! but I could'nt leave a comment on it, you need to add the option in your "forum info" section....it's nice recieving lovely comments on your pics, gives you a boost icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=SweetCakesFL&cat=0&pos=1

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:01pm
post #28 of 41

This is my favorite since it was the most fun and really very easy and problem-free. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to make a new favorite!
LL

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:03pm
post #29 of 41

hmmm, I would have to say that my favorite cake is my Father's Day cake that I did for my Wilton Course 3 final and also my Summer Fun cake, because I came up with them all on my own and I think they are cute.

If I had them to do over, I have the little girl flying the kite, flying it in the right direction.
LL
LL

denise4 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:04pm
post #30 of 41

I just LOVE this cake Cassandracakes....I remember you posting it, it makes me smile everytime I see it in my favourites icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%