Is It Safe To Go To Bed Now?

Decorating By SquirrellyCakes Updated 15 Apr 2005 , 12:18am by linnburg

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 8:16am
post #1 of 8

Ok, it is 4:03 am and I haven't been to bed yet. I hope it is safe now.
I have been staying up to make sure that the post about helping a fellow caker didn't get lost in all of the misunderstandings and comments. No I am not a moderator, I am just a guest here, as we all are. But it would be really nice if the purpose to which that post was intended, was addressed and not just lost in the shuffle. Looks ok now. Really sad to see that those comments couldn't have been made somewhere else like under General Discussion, instead of in the Event section so that the effort wasn't so polluted.
I do not understand why folks go on these sites to be negative or insulting or rude or to take offense at nothing, but they do.
The people on this site are trying their darndest to keep it nice, that is the members' job, not the moderators' although ultimately they get stuck with the mess and the owner or the moderators usually are the ones that take the flack. Sometimes it is the members that deal with it too, that is true.
But for heavens sakes, don't take it upon yourself to start something like that in a post that had nothing to do with being derrogatory and everything to do with helping someone out.
There are more than enough sites out there that tolerate such behaviour, I hope that folks will seek those sites out if they want to behave in that manner.
I would think that the vast majority here, don't want to deal with any of this petty nonsense.
And if they do, well then they get the site that they deserve.
Just my opinion and now I am going to bed. I have to be up in a couple of hours to do a cake, as in, that which brought us to this site in the first place.
Hugs Squirrelly

7 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 8

Squirrelycakes,

We have already talked about this & I agree. I posted to the rudeness & got suckered into stooping to a level I was not proud of!! That fund raiser was a great idea! I hope all the foolishness that was brought up is over & we can get back to taking care of better things like cakes, etc..

To everyone on CC....

Please except my apology for last night!!!!

BLESSING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

TC~
Your post that you deleted was no way at all like peppy's posts that ended up containing crude and rude language.
I don't think any apology is needed, especially since you were mature enough to delete your post.
m0use
PS- We still love you icon_wink.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 8

No apologies necessary! We know you all are loving thumbs_up.gif . We want want the best for each other in all journeys, cake or otherwise.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 8

Well kiddo, you are talking to the Queen of getting suckered in, haha!
Sometimes you have to say what you have to say! I know this will come as a huge surprise, but I have trouble keeping my mouth shut when I don't think something is right! Geesh, I can just picture Dawn and Ladycakes rolling on the floor at that line, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 8

Well thank ya'll for you kind remarks! I was so afraid I hurt some feelings. That I did not want to do~
Mouse... I love you too girl!!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

Feelings should not have been hurt-we all have our opinion and it is the way our opinion is shown or stated that matters. What really matters is that we all have one thing in common and that is our love of cake decorating and we learn so much off each other-and truly support each other through good and bad. Our thoughts and prayers are with our fellow cake decorating families and that is what matters. It's easy to get defensive of something when you see someone you admire being "attacked"-sometimes, though we have to sit back and let things be-I have a hard time doing that myself.

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 12:18am
post #8 of 8

Whew! Well, we got that out of the way!

You know how sometimes things just don't go right? You learn to drive and then total your parents car. You buy a beautiful dress for a date that goes horribly wrong. Or maybe you bring your darling child to a social event at work and he/she says to your boss "Are you the grumpy one?".

Yah, stuff happens all the time. After I get over it, I usually just say "Well, I got that over with, now I won't have to do it again".

Let's hope that proves to be true in this case!

You guys are great. Every day I'm thankful that I found this site.

Sandi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%