Home Kitchen Inspection In Virginia

Business By Deana Updated 1 Oct 2013 , 9:00pm by BatterUpCake

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 12

Has anyone gone through one?

Mine is scheduled for 2 o'clock on Wednesday and I'm losing sleep over it! icon_surprised.gif I think I have all my bases covered, but I would certainly appreciate any feedback/input/advice.

Thanks!
Deana

PS - this is my very first post ever!

11 replies
slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 12

Good luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure all will go fine especially since your worked hard to get all the bases covered. Keep us posted how it goes.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 12

Just giving you a warm welcome to Cake Central and an extra good luck for Wednesday-be sure to report back and let us know how it goes!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 12

Welcome to Cake Central. Don't stress too much about the inspection. If you forgot something, or misunderstoon something, the inspector will help you fix it. They are usually very, very helpful. If it isn't perfect, it won't mean you can't get licensed, it may mean (at worst) a repeat inspection.

Be sure your single use towels are near the sink, any open containers of perishables have the date you opened them marked on the container. Nothing is stored on the floor.

And don't worry too much. It will work out fine.

Deana Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 12

WHEW!

I'm proud to say that I'm the owner of a certified home kitchen now!

Inspection was easy (after hours and hours of prep!) He just poked around a bit, looked in the backs of cabinets, drawers with a flashlight, checked water temperature, asked a couple of questions, handed me my report and poof he was gone!

Now - business license office here I come!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, advice and support!

kdkamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdkamp Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 12

Congratulations!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 12

Congrats to you and your new business venture! Happy Baking!

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 11:28pm
post #8 of 12

Congrats, I did mine the opposite, I got my license the other day but haven't done my health inspection.

Kristin

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 12

Deana, Congrats!! I have been thinking about you all day!!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you, can't wait to see you in class monday to hear all about it!!!! Not so good news for me, yet another melanoma, surgery in April, good news that it was thin at .2 mil. Welp, see you monday! Congrats again!!!!!!!

Deana Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 12:11am
post #10 of 12

Thanks!

ginger - I sent you a pm

squarepair - Virginia Beach wouldn't give me the license without the inspection - lucky you! I'd be happy to give you info about the inspection when you are ready. Good luck!

ocsurfmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ocsurfmama Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 7:49pm
post #11 of 12

Can anyone give me the list rundown to prepare for a Home Kitchen inspection?  I have been asked by a Restaurant to make their desserts but my kitchen has not been inspected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 9:00pm
post #12 of 12

a lot of places won't allow the making of products for resale from a home kitchen. You may want to look into that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%