Burst My Bubble!! (My Rant)

Decorating By elliott1 Updated 26 Feb 2006 , 12:07am by flayvurdfun

elliott1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliott1 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:17am
post #1 of 33

Okay, so I am really new to this cake decorating thing. I just delivered my first paid order from somebody other than family. So thank goodness its just a CCC, right? Easy first order gets delivered, and the lady that place the order seems thrilled! I'm like thank goodness, as she didn't give me anything to go on (colors, etc.) So I'm nervous anyway because this is my "creation".

Okay, so she's happy, so happy that she gives me a $5 tip. So I'm thinking this is great! And so the lady is like, isn't this great, to another lady at the party. And she was like "they're just cupcakes right?" and rolled her eyes.

I was like, "well I'd like to think they're a little more than just cupcakes." And the lady that placed the order kept saying how cute and neat it was, but this mean lady kept saying "well they're just cupcakes."

Burst my bubble!! I spent 4hrs making "just cupcakes"!

Thanks for listening!
LL

32 replies
aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:20am
post #2 of 33

Well, that's an awesome CCC and it's NOT just cupcakes! Don't pay any heed to that negative woman. Take pride in your work! I love the borders and your plaque!

ayost43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayost43 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:21am
post #3 of 33

These are not just cupcakes! You did a great job!!! That lady is just jealous because she has probably never made "just" anything.

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:21am
post #4 of 33

Don't Sweat it. She was probably jealous because she knew she could never do something like that. Looks great to me. Good Job!! thumbs_up.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:22am
post #5 of 33

that is a LOT more than just cupcakes. I think you did an awesome job! That lady was just jealous of your talent! =0) At least the person who paid for them loved them!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:27am
post #6 of 33

I have to say that your cupcake cake looks beautiful!!! That mean lady must need glasses!!! icon_wink.gif

elliott1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliott1 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:30am
post #7 of 33

Thanks guys! Thanks for looking and letting me vent.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:33am
post #8 of 33

Those "just cupcakes" look Just Awesome!! Great job on the CCC. I love the colors and the border. Don't let someone else's bad day ruin yours. You did a great job and should be very proud of your creation! thumbs_up.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:35am
post #9 of 33

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, and I think that lady is BLIND! That is one great CCC!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 1:10am
post #10 of 33

That looks awesome! Don't worry about the meanies out there. Pure jealousy.

Angie

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 1:21am
post #11 of 33

I probably would have come back with something smartalecky so you did great to hold your tongue-I am sure her rudeness took you by surprise. Let her "just" all she wants-your CCC looks amazing and she can just choke on her portion! (NOT LITERALLY) I am sure she was seething inside wanting to be able to even consider doing something like that. Your customer is sure to be a repeat so take pride in that-you earned every bit of it!!

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 1:23am
post #12 of 33

Your CCC is gorgeous and as for Miss Negativity she is just a hater and every bit of negative energy she puts into this universe will come back to her. So stay positive and keep making beautiful cakes and making people happy!!

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 1:25am
post #13 of 33

Elliot, you can't please everyone all of the time, BUT I have to say..that "negative" woman should have been SLAPPED. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a violent person, but come on...I don't believe she bothered to make "JUST CUPCAKES" for her friends daughter..so she has NO ROOM to talk. I think we all agree here that your creation was NOT "just cupcakes". The CCC looks gorgeous, and you have all the "positive reinforcement" that you need on this board,and from your customer that the cake looks awesome so don't let one bad apple spoil your day.
icon_biggrin.gif

P.S> If ya' want me to ruff her up just let me know..lol icon_biggrin.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 1:33am
post #14 of 33

You can bake me "just cupcakes" anytime! They are beautiful! Like some of the others said, she was probably jealous, because she couldn't do it. Some people are such snots.(for lack of a nicer word). You did Great!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:19am
post #15 of 33

Your design is lovely! I have just decided that there are people in this world that are miserable with themselves, and the only way they can make themselves feel better is to try and make someone else feel bad. YOU know and the lady who ordered the cake knows that it is beautiful. Great job!!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:29am
post #16 of 33

You did a wonderful job. Some people are just hateful by nature. Don't take it personally.

I love the colors you used and the overall design is just darling. I bet the birthday girl loved it too!!

Cindy

IsaacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaacsMom Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:36am
post #17 of 33

Your "just cupcakes" cake looks really good! I'm thinking she hasn't decorated anything in her life or she'd know how difficult cupcakes can be.

She reminds me of someone I know who can't stand for anyone else to get any sort of attention. If someone gets a compliment she'll throw an insult in there to take away from the positive attention that the other person is getting. thumbsdown.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:40am
post #18 of 33

yeah i agree shes JUST JEALOUS ..........Keep up the good work .....take your tip and buy something fun for your next cake.........

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:46am
post #19 of 33

Who knows, maybe once the woman who was pleased with them got her "friend" inside, she may have told her to put a sock in it. She might have been biting her tongue in front of you. I hope when I start making "just cupcakes" they come out half as gorgeous as yours!! Great job!!

minnowjoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minnowjoy Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:50am
post #20 of 33

Your just cupcakes are so awesome that I had to put it in my saved folder!!! It is beautiful!!!!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:55am
post #21 of 33

She's jealous and doesn't like that you are getting attention for your "just cupcakes"!

I think it's WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Suz

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 4:01am
post #22 of 33

Don't you dare let it bother you even for a minute!
Your work is beautiful! I would put the comments from the people at CC.( who know what they are talking about) up against a not to bright snob any day of the week!!

Sorry about that but I just can't stand it when people do that.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 7:53am
post #23 of 33

Great job. I love it....

On a positive note Just Cupcakes would be a great name for a cupcake business though.

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 7:58am
post #24 of 33

Absolutley adorable cupcakes! There is always people like that, best way to deal with it is...in from one ear and out from the other. Keep up your great work!

marina34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marina34 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 8:01am
post #25 of 33

I have yet to do a CCC. Yours is gorgeous!

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 8:48am
post #26 of 33

Its quite possible that remark had less to do with you and more to belittle the host who was obviously more then impressed with your cake. Very well could have been the host's SIL or something to that effect who felt the need to put down anything the host is proud of.(and you have to invite them, lest you upset the inlaws!! Otherwise I would think no one would willingly invite someone that rude!)
I can't believe someone would be so incredibly rude and tactless. Your cupcakes are gorgeous..I actually thought the writing on the cake was a graphic of your business name(like overlayed onto the picture)...until I read it and realized that it was actually on the cake! icon_eek.gif .

Why would anyone insult the cake at a celebration, INFRONT of the host and the person who made it no less? icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif Sounds like a very petty bitter person, and obviously had no regards for your feelings or anyone elses for that matter. She sounds like one of those people who it wouldn't have mattered if you had a 5 tiered cake edged in gold she would have said it sloped to the right, lol. icon_rolleyes.gif No "just" cupcake for her!!!! thumbs_up.gif

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:04am
post #27 of 33

A bit of a funny story:

On Valentines day, I made a cake to bring to my mom's work at a school bus company(and I had to take it on the transit bus since I don't drive yet!). Well everyone was digging into the cake, and mom cut herself a slice, and we went upstairs into her office. I was standing there talking to her while she ate and one of her co-workers popped in to chat for a second. She pointed to her slice of cake and said, "you should get yourself some cake!" and he shook his head and said, ugh no way that stuff is too sweet, chinese cake is much much better then that stuff, you should really try it." Well it didn't really bother me, but my Mom must have taken exception because she smiled and said, " This is my daughter, she made the cake". icon_lol.gif Well he just about choked on his tongue and was apologizing. I had to stop myself from laughing. I just said, "hey thats okay" icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif I didn't think to be offended because he just thought cakes in general were too sweet, I just thought it was funny because it never occured to him that since I never come to her work, that I was the one that had brought the cake, lol.

newdec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newdec Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 12:25pm
post #28 of 33

Your CCC is beautiful - there is nothing "just" about it. The lady in question was probably trying to rattle the cage of the lady who bought it - I have a "friend" who does things like that. Please don't think another thought about it - you did a GREAT job!

Tracey

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 4:09pm
post #29 of 33

can that bimbo do "just cupcakes"? as well as you can? ... I thought your design was beautiful ... be proud of your work ... forget her!!!! icon_mad.gif

gottacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottacake Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 4:14pm
post #30 of 33

I didn't read all the posts in regards to your cupcakes (since there are so many), so forgive me if I'm repeating, but I'm wondering just how you did your lettering? It's fantastic! And, yes, I think your CC looks fabulous! Don't be hurt by her comment. Always remember, some people never really leave Jr. High! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%