What's The Best Photo Editing Software???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 24 Feb 2006 , 4:35am by daranaco

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 11

I have had print shop since '98 and I think it's time to upgrade so that I can do more things with editing. I need tools that allow me to remove objects from the background of my cakes, crop, adjust colors and brightness, ect. What do you guys use and thik is the best?

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 11

www.photofiltre.com It's free and it works wonders!!! Good Luck

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 11

Photoshop, but then I've been using it since before it was called Photoshop.

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 11

Photoshop. Handsdown. nothing comes remotely close to it.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 11

Ditto on photoshop.........................way too involved for a novice not interested in diving into that "subculture". I'd suggest a smaller program...........lot's of smaller fun ones out there. Photofiltre...or fotofiltre....or fotofilter....something like this ~ is a fee download that is good. Many printers and scanners come with great little photo program teasers that are great! iPhoto Plus is a good one... OH DUH....briansbaker already said the photofilter one.... LOL~~~~ still can't spell it right!!!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 12:04am
post #6 of 11

I have Photoshop, but my "go-to" software is Paint Shop Pro. WAAAAAY cheaper and almost as fully-featured. Plus, all Photoshop filters work with it.

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 3:37am
post #7 of 11

You can get Photoshop Elements which is basically a "lite" version of Photoshop for a lot less $$... though I have to vote for Photoshop too!

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 3:42am
post #8 of 11

Photoshop CS2, absolutely the best. Downside to it is that it has a major learning curve and is way expensive. There are several freebies available and cheaper (and easier) programs that can do what you are wanting.
Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, etc.
Pick something that is within a budget and easy to learn and you'll be plenty happy.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 3:52am
post #9 of 11

i LOVE photoshop. But Photoshop Elements is all i have right now. I have PSP to ,but i think its a litle to complicated for me. I can;t figure out how to do layers.

Correl Painter is awsome to! thumbs_up.gif

If you rlooking for something free and is similar to photoshop i suggest Gimp. You can download it off of download.com just put "gimp" in the search box. thumbs_up.gif

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 4:29am
post #10 of 11

Yep You guessed it..another vote for photoshop.
I did computer graphics and that's what the school used.

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 4:35am
post #11 of 11

Another vote for Photoshop. Photoshop Elements offers everything that most users would want. As mentioned on another post, one of the benefits of photoshop is that there are a LOT of resources dedicated to learning how to use the program.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%