Question Can I Do This???

Decorating By angelfallenhere Updated 23 Feb 2006 , 4:16pm by KHalstead

angelfallenhere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelfallenhere Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 5

I brought 1 of the cakes from the freezer for the party Saturday its crumb coated. I got it out of freezer ate 6 am I am starting to decoarte it at about 4 pm. Do I just start decorating it from the refrigerator or do I sit it out at room temp?? Please let me know Im so nervous first character cakes and im doing Pooh holding 1 tonight. Choclates have been done. Darth comes out of freezer in the morning. Then tommorrow Im baking the pooh single smash cake. Ill decorate it late Friday night. Im also making pooh rice krispies treats tommorrow. I will be able to breath once these parties are done and the houseworks all done. Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks,
Melanie

4 replies
Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 5

I would let it come to room temp, or close to it. I usually let mine thaw at room temp.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 5

I've never let mine set out until room temp. I've even done them straight from the freezer. The buttercream sweats sometimes doing it that way but it's never caused any problems.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 5

When I froze my cakes, I took them out and left them wrapped and set out to thaw fully before decorating.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5

I've iced them frozen and thawed, depending on how long it took me to get the frosting ready LOL I have never noticed a difference either way.....I definitely prefer to torte the cakes when they're frozen though

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%