Retirement Cake

Decorating By Euphoriabakery Updated 24 Feb 2006 , 6:23pm by Euphoriabakery

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 5:00am
post #1 of 12

I just got a cake order for a full sheet retirement cake for a man. Any great ideas? I can't think of anything fun to do for this order. I looked in the retirement section and nothing jumps out at me.

11 replies
sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 5:11am
post #2 of 12

what are his interests or hobbies??

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 5:24am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunny

what are his interests or hobbies??

I don't know a lot about him. It is for a guy that my husband works with. The hubby is not very helpful. All he gave me was that he has a sense of humor and he likes to travel in an RV.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 5:33am
post #6 of 12

http://www.cakes-4u.co.uk/albums/OSC/Retirement.jpg

http://www.cakes-4u.co.uk/gallery/slideshow_low.php?set_albumName=OSC&slide_index=2&slide_full=0&slide_loop=0&slide_pause=3&slide_dir=1

http://www.cakes-4u.co.uk/gallery/slideshow_low.php?set_albumName=OSC&slide_index=4&slide_full=0&slide_loop=0&slide_pause=3&slide_dir=-1

http://www.ptsoft.com/ennouncements/2005/February%2020/cake%20only.jpg

What about a FBCT of a cute figure waving from the drivers window of an RV? Or if its an option for you, you could use an edible image of an R.V. You could also make the top of the sheet looking like a winding road, maybe some mountains or a pond, and set a toy car R.V on the road. (usually small toy cars are only a dollar or two, you may be able to find something that resembles an R.V.)

Euphoriabakery Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 6:00am
post #7 of 12

Thanks you guys! What great ideas! I love the suit cases and the idea of an Rv traveling along!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 6:11am
post #8 of 12

LOL!!!! Euphoriabakery Uhhh ok Im trying to make an RV cake for tonight and girl... I know the post was a good idea but HOLY what did I get myself into .... It's a challange so if you do that, let me know HAHAHA we can share ideas on How in the @#&^@$#& do we make this thing.. ROTFL!

JamesSweetie Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 6:26am
post #9 of 12

I think euphoria is making a full sheet with a design on the top, whereas you were doing a sculpted? I find for sculpted that fondant works better just for the fact that you don't have the same amount of worry about crumbs from the cut edges becoming encased in the icing. Its just like doing a truck, just with a different placement of windows.

Here is an example of an R.V. (albiet a very large one!) :

Euphoriabakery Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:06pm
post #10 of 12

Okay, so it's not an RV cake, and it's not all that spectacular, but I finished it at 1 am in the morning, so I downgraded my decor as I had another cake due also and just couldn't stay up to decorate by the time this cake was baked, filled and iced I just through some decorations together as fast as I could. The Celite in the top left corner is the company logo and I thought the saying I came up with was kind of cute. Didn't want the cake to be too femanine since it was for a man, so anyways, here you go.

Also, when I finished I accidentally stuck my finger in the bottom right hand corner and had to patch it up as best I could.

Let me know what you guys think!
LL

luvfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvfondant Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:15pm
post #11 of 12

How about putting a plastic rocking chair or a toy denture on top, or make "Bengay" tube out of fondant or gumpaste ? Let's make sure that this retiree has a good sense of humor first icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gif
. thumbs_up.gif

Euphoriabakery Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 12

Oh I love the rocking chair idea, maybe I can run out and find one on my way to deliver the cake. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%