Hey Mouse.....

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 5:08pm by m0use

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 4

How long did you bake for in the mini pans. just a ball park guess will help. Thanks a lot!
peacockplace

3 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 4

In my oven it was at least 30 minutes @ 350'F. But I would definitely start checking the pans after 25 minutes and keep checking every 5 minutes after that.
I used a tip from I believe it was MrsMissey or Ladycake ( icon_redface.gif can't remember which one exactly) where you line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper and then grease the sides only. This helped in getting the cakes out of the really tiny pans, and it also kept the bottoms from sticking. I started using this about a week or two ago and I will never go back to an unlined pan.
What I do is spray some pan or put cake release in the bottom 'corner/seam' of the pan (the spot where the sides and bottoms of the pan meet). I then place my cut to fit piece of parchment paper on the bottom and continue greasing up the sides. IT WORKS GREAT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much. I'm giving them a try today and can't wait to see how they turn out. Those little pans are so cute!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 4

I think that if I had to make a whole bunch of small cakes- like for a wedding, I would probably invest in a couple more sets of those to cut down on the baking time. In fact I want to buy another set icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%