Wasc Cake 13X9 Pan Help Urgent

Decorating By Helomom Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm by gateaux

Helomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helomom Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 7

cake has been in a 1/4 sheet pan (1 box mix used) in oven at 325 as per instructions for 40 mins
Toothpick still coming out with some sticky stuff
Browning alittle on top
What do I do???
Help!!!

6 replies
cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 7

by the time ou get this your cake will be done! lol... i would say total of 45-50 mins at 325.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 7

Keep on baking it, check on it every five minutes or so.
I find that doctored mixes always take longer to bake, plus that's quite a bit of batter in that pan. If the edges are getting too brown, you can cover just the edges with foil.

namaman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
namaman Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 7

I agree... Just let it go a little longer and it will be fine. Your patience will be rewarded!!

Helomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helomom Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, I dont even know how long it ended up taking somewhere between 45-50 i stuck another toothpick in and it was dry...
Now it is either done or a VerY moist cake lol...
Can people get sick from a slightly undercooked cake btw???
It is for my sons bday party. My friends know that i haven't baked before so the worst that will happen is a good laugh... but can i eat it anyway if it is??? Although i think it is done.
Can you tell how nervous i am.

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 7

I started baking my 13x9 pan with one box of cake mix at 335 degrees and between 40 and 50 min.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 7

The worst that will happen if the cake cooked uneven will be a thick line though the cake that people just wont eat, it's fine to eat around it. I have had this happen a few times and yes everyone gets a good laugh. Best thing to do is relax so you can decorate. I've been there and it will all turn out! Good Luck
Paule

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%