Antique Cake Decorating Pans And Other Items...

Decorating By fytar Updated 21 Feb 2006 , 7:28pm by cocakedecorator

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 10

A lady just gave my aunt some cake decorating stuff that she didn't want to move with her. My aunt passed the stuff on to my mom and on to me. I was shocked when I saw what was in the bags. I don't know a whole lot about older cake decorating pans and stuff but I know these are antique. If I can remember correctly, there was:

- Grand Piano pan (with instructions!!) still in the box along with two miniature candelabrums that sit on top of the piano, the plastic key "board", and piano seat.
- Square angled Cross Pan - not the new beveled edged pan design
- Book pan
- Metal lilly nails
- Several tips (didn't look at those #s yet)
- Metal Icing Tube w/plunger (looks like a syringe - you open it up and it has the instructions and all the tips that go with it! On the outside of it is a note that has the contents and the date on it. It was written and taped on the outside on April 6, 1969!!)

Any of you familiar with any of this?

9 replies
fytar Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 10

Oh, and there was a set of cake seperators and columns for a wedding cake. Some of the columns look a little yellowed. How do you remove the discoloration?

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 10

whoa chica,
I think you hit the proverbial jackpot. I would do lots of research n stuff. Maybe go on the Wilton forum and see if anyone on there can be of some help to ya about that. Maybe even contact Wilton themselves and see what they say.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 10

I had a problem with glue turning yellow, but this is what Wilton sent to me for yellowing pillars and plates:

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for visiting our website. The following hint comes from our regional training instructor and is passed on to teachers at their seminars so hopefully it will help you.
For whitening yellowed pillars, plates, etc. add equal amounts of dishwasher powder and bleach to hot water and soak pieces for several hours.
Then wash with soapy water and rinse well.
Thank you and have a good day.

Sincerely,
Rosemary
Consumer Care Center
Wilton Industries
2240 W. 75th St. #9A
Woodridge, IL 60517
800-794-5866

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 10

The piano kit is going for quite alot on ebay in the last few months!!

fytar Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 10

Wow! I'll have to check Ebay out! Thanks ladies!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 10

yup..you should be able to get a pretty penny for the kit since it is unused..that is if you are not keeping it!!!

fytar Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 10

i really don't have a clue as to what I would use it for, but I don't think I want to get rid of it either! Well, unless of course we are talking about a significant amount of money!!

newdec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newdec Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 10

Yay for you! No info on the pans, but did want to add to be careful when (if) you mix bleach and powdered detergent - it does work well to clean but you must be very careful when you mix them - they create a toxic chemical reaction. Do it in an open air space (outside is best) and don't stand right over it when you mix so that you don't inhale it.

Tracey

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:28pm
post #10 of 10

The piano pan does sell for a lot on ebay but is really not worth all that much. Just like the Thomas the Tank pan goes for as high as $90 on ebay and its real value is somewhere around $27.00 I will have to look in my book tonight and see what it says for value. But either way it is always nice to have extra pans around esp. when they are given too you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%