Another Website With Gorgeous Cakes!!!

Decorating By KlyKat Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 1:58am by tal

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 21

I just came across this website while searching for a cake for aonther thread on here. Lucky me icon_lol.gif Just thought I'd share it. K'ly

Tis the luck of the Irish today icon_biggrin.gif

www.lindyscakes.co.uk

20 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 21

I LOVE Lindy's cakes. She is right at the top of my list of favorite decorators. thumbs_up.gif Cannot wait until her next book comes out! icon_biggrin.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 21

VERY cool site! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the link!

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 21

Beautiful cakes! Thanks for sharing!!

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 12:22am
post #5 of 21

Cool, thanks for sharing

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 12:39am
post #6 of 21

She's one of my favorite's

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 12:46am
post #7 of 21

Thanks for sharing I bookmarked the site. icon_smile.gif I have her "storybook" cake book. Haven't been brave enough to try any of her cakes yet. icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:59am
post #8 of 21

She has been one of my favorites for years and her wedding cake stands are so unique.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:08am
post #9 of 21

Hi shirley, I haven't got the chance to congratulate you for your spotlight, I was on Miami when you got it, I voted for you! you deserve it!
Now about lindy's wedding cake bases, do you have one? I'm so tempted to get one...

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:10am
post #10 of 21

yes, she's fabulous too! love, love, love her cakes and her books. I have found them in acmoore. dying to try the monkey or elephant in her book. but i'm not so brave.

jamiet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiet Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:34am
post #11 of 21

I just bought one of her books and tried one of the cakes. Her instructions are so detailed. She makes trying a new cake really simple.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:42am
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolacaracas

Hi shirley, I haven't got the chance to congratulate you for your spotlight, I was on Miami when you got it, I voted for you! you deserve it!
Now about lindy's wedding cake bases, do you have one? I'm so tempted to get one...

Thank you for your vote and your good wishes, I appreciate it. I don't have any of her stands but I just saw one last week that a friend bought, the spiral center stand, it is well made and just so much different than our U.S. cake stands.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:04pm
post #13 of 21

I have a lovely stand - you can see it in use in my photos, the daisy wedding cake. It cots a lot, but I love it and can dress it up in different ways for each cake. I did watch a Food Network Challenge were someone had one from Lindy's Cakes - it broke! Mine seems very stable, but seeing this did worry me.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:40pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

I have a lovely stand - you can see it in use in my photos, the daisy wedding cake. It cots a lot, but I love it and can dress it up in different ways for each cake. I did watch a Food Network Challenge were someone had one from Lindy's Cakes - it broke! Mine seems very stable, but seeing this did worry me.

Emma I love your cakes. What is the base made of? How do you get it back after the party?

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:42pm
post #15 of 21

Thanks for sharing this website! It looks like the new book is available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0715324977/?tag=cakecentral-20

Have fun shopping!!!!

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:49pm
post #16 of 21

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Only pre-order right now!!!! Sorry!!!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:09pm
post #17 of 21

Some of those cakes and fairies seem awfully familiar. Is she member here?

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:15pm
post #18 of 21

I'm also a fan of Lindy's books. In fact I recently e-mailed her with some questions and comments and received a prompt response. She's very willing to share her knowledge.

Can hardly wait for her next book to arrive too!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:18pm
post #19 of 21

I LOVE Lindy's cakes... and want some of her seperators SO badly, but with the exchange rate and shipping... well, let's just say I'm going to have to justify the expense by doing something remarkable! icon_wink.gif I love that site!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:34pm
post #20 of 21

I love Lindy's cakes and her stands. My daughter has two and she let me borrow one last year for I cake I did for a cake show. I'm sure that the stand had something to do with my winning best of show for my division!! It's in my photos - the pink and green cake with the beautiful separator by Lindy!

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:58am
post #21 of 21

I also just LOVE Lindy's separators. Is she the only one who has these? I've searched the internet for more metal type separators and cannot locate any.

Does anyone know of any other sites that might sell similar separators?

Thanks!

lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%