Cookie Comptition + Low-Carb Diet = ??????

Lounge By phoohbear Updated 21 Feb 2006 , 12:21am by bubblezmom

phoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoohbear Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

How do you all manage your weight and still "quality controll icon_biggrin.gif " your products?

My silly doctor has put me on a low-carb diet and it is driving me CRAZY icon_cry.gif !!!

I have a very important cookie comptition this weekend and have to bake and decorate over 300 cookies and can't try even one. For the tasting portion of the comp. you have to come up with 2 origanal recipes, and this is the third year I have competed. Every year it takes me to the last min. to perfect my entrys and this year I have to make everyone I know taste test for me, I don't know what they tast like!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does any one else out there have weight problems and any tips on how to stick to a diet while baking?

p.s. I don't have any problem with it any other time, must just be my sweet tooth icon_mad.gif

p.p.s I have lost 16 lb. so far so it does work

3 replies
cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 4

it's worth it...believe me!!

i lost 60 pounds on a low carb diet and i've kept it off for almost 4 yrs now...be strong!!!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

I've also lost weight on the low carb. I will tell you what I do when I need to taste my cakes, cookies, etc.
I put a bite into my mouth chew it, taste it & spit it out. I know this sounds gross, but it works. I learned it from my dad...at times he's had to bake 30 different cheesecakes at a time & it was the only way he could taste them without having to eat a bunch of sweets.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4

I don't spit anything out, but I do just taste tests. One sample from your test batches will not ruin your diet. My problem is when I try out a recipe and my sample tastes really good. It takes a lot of will power to have one little slice of delicious cake. icon_razz.gif Be strong!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%