Visiting Long Beach/san Diego

Decorating By jsmith Updated 19 Mar 2007 , 8:32pm by neni

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone recommend some cool bakeries to visit or cake supply stores to go to? We'll be going there on vacation soon.

8 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 9

Just Fabulous Pastries - for baked goods. They have a cafe' (I think it's called "Just Fabulous Kensington) where they serve their stuff. The chef/owner has been a contestant and judge on a couple of food network's cake challenges.

Do It With Icing (supply store)

BrandisBaked Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 9

I should have noted those are both in San Diego (where I'm from). If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

TheCookieCuttery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCookieCuttery Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 9

How soon are you going to be here in San Diego? The annual cake show is next weekend (March 24&25)...
http://www.sandiegocakeclub.com/events.html

BrandisBaked Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 9

I forgot to mention the cake show - I just assumed that's why she was going. That's why *I'M* going to be there this weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 9

Hi there,

This bakery is very well known here in Long Beach.

Alsace-Lorraine Pastries
3842 Atlantic Ave
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)427-5992
www.alsacelorrainebakery.com

And this is where I get all my cake supplies. It's not in Long Beach, but only about 10 mins away...

Classic Cake Decorations
12530 Valley View St.
Garden Grove, CA 92845
(714) 894-1100

K-Rod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K-Rod Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 9

Extraordinary Desserts: 1430 Union St., San Diego, CA.... I've never been there myself, but my son was stationed in San Diego on the USS Ogden, just discharged in February. He met a gal out there who took him to Extraordinary Desserts a couple of times. He was amazed!

Have a wonderful vacation. In my opinion, California is a tough place to leave once you get there!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone! My husband has a business conference and I'm going with him. Unfortunatly we won't get there until sunday night after the cake show. I really would have liked to go.

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 9

One of my favorite bakeries is Rossmoor Pastries, their address is 2325 Redondo Ave. Signal Hill, Ca 90755. Its in the Long Beach area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%