Easter Bunny Cookie Designs...help!!!

Baking By cakemommy Updated 26 Feb 2006 , 11:22pm by cakemommy

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 2:33am
post #1 of 21

I'm preparing my cookies for an entry in the cake show in San Diego next month ( I know ya'll are probably sick of hearing me talk about that, sorry!!) icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif Anyway, I have been searching for pictures of decorated Easter Bunny cookies. I didn't find anything in the cookies gallery. Antonia~~~ Where are they!!!!!??? icon_lol.gif

The particular cookie cutter set I am using is the Wilton Happy Shapes 4-Piece Cookie Cuter Set with the Egg, Butterfly, Bunny, and Tulip.

I'm only having difficulty thinking of a design for the bunny. I'd like to get a really cute face on it and maybe add pink little feet/toes and on their ears (like the underside) Do you all know what I mean? I hope so.

I just like to see examples first so I don't make the Easter Bunny look like a Jester or something bizzare like that!!!

Any help or pics you can come up with will be much appreciated!!!

Amy

20 replies
cakemommy Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 3:04am
post #2 of 21

Hello!!!! Anyone out there??? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 3:13am
post #3 of 21
cakemommy Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 3:23am
post #4 of 21

Cool thanks! The second one has a bunny with one ear flopped down. That's exactly what I'm looking for. 'course the cutter I have is the whole bunny but the face and ears is what I need! Thanks so much!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amy

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 5:05am
post #5 of 21

here are my versions:
LL

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 5:45am
post #6 of 21

Here are a couple I did last year for easter. Good luck in your contest!

Julia
LL
LL

cakemommy Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 6:36am
post #7 of 21

Thank you both very much! Thank you for the well wishes for the show. The cookies that won last year (mine didn't place) were so bad! I was shocked to find that they won. That won't happen again this year!!!!! I sound a little over confident huh??? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Okay, so my eyes were crossed when I wrote that!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Again,

Thank you!

Amy

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 6:50am
post #8 of 21

Here is a website that has some really cute bunny ideas, good luck

http://www.cookiesinbloom.com/

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:02am
post #9 of 21

Cakemommy, good luck with the show. I know how exciting the shows are, so I never tire of hearing about them! Keep us posted on your progress!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:16am
post #10 of 21

Here are a few ideas!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:39am
post #11 of 21

These are all so cute! It is almost, but not quite, enough to inspire me to make cookies! I do love seeing what you cookie makers are doing, they are wonderful! Janice

cakemommy Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:45pm
post #12 of 21

Thank you for all the ideas! They are all so cute. I especially love all the colors involved! Oh, which to choose which to choose!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I'll definately take pictures and post when I'm done. Do ya'll want to wait until after the show on March 26th or before I leave to go down there on the 15th? I'll be making them over this week and then shipping them down. Typically I wait until after the show but maybe just maybe I'll give ya'll a sneak peak. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amy

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:47pm
post #13 of 21

I think we prefer a SNEAKY PEAKY please

cakemommy Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:48pm
post #14 of 21

SNEAKY PEAKY icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That's funny! Okay! I haven't made them yet but give me a chance.

Amy

cakemommy Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 4:29am
post #15 of 21

Okay, these are by no means my final product! The final decorations are going to be fondant. Not sure what I'm going to do to the rabbits yet but the other three are going to be dressed up considerably!

Any suggestions for the rabbits would be welcome!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_razz.gif

Amy
LL

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 4:31am
post #16 of 21

Those look great!! thumbs_up.gif You could give the rabbits little buttons and/or bow ties...that could be cute!

cakemommy Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 5:21am
post #17 of 21

Bow Ties would be cute! I just thought of something else.....polka dot pants or shorts. What do you think? Wouldn't that be funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

JennT Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 6:19am
post #18 of 21

Yes! Cute funny! Go for it!!! Anything with polka dots is great in my book!! icon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakemommy Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 11:09pm
post #19 of 21

Okay, so here's another sneaky peaky (that still makes me laugh icon_lol.gif )

I haven't touched the butterflies (not sure what to do with those yet) and I haven't done the rabbits yet. The egg (or ovals) are done. They are dusted with luster dusts and three of the flowers have colored dragees for centers. The tulips are dusted with super pearl and the leaves are dusted as well and, it's hard to tell in the pic, but they have a curve to them. In that little curve on the big leaf, there is going to be a little bumble bee nestled in there. Hopefully I'll get those done tonight!

What do ya'll think so far???

Amy
LL

JennT Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 11:18pm
post #20 of 21

I really like those easter eggs! Like little easter packages...never seen them done like that before. Very cute icon_wink.gif And the tulips are coming along nicely...the bumble bee will be a very nice touch! Looking good cakemommy! thumbs_up.gif

cakemommy Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 11:22pm
post #21 of 21

Thank you very much! I hate the resolution in the pictures. I have an 8mp Canon but I have to reduce the size in order to post. I'll have to work on getting a better picture.

I have Easter Cookies done just like that (without all the luster) in my pics. That's what gave me the inspiration to do it for this contest. After what I saw took first place last year!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif I thought to myself, "I'll do my Easter cookies and we'll see whose are prettier!" Gee, I'm a little self absorbed huh!!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Thank you all so much for your boosts of confidence!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%