Any Ideas?

Decorating By luceymoose Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 2:19am by luceymoose

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do something to do with cake decorating for the local girl scouts. Do any of you have an idea of what I can do? I thought of doing a demo then letting them decorate cupcakes or mini loaves. What do you think? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 6

That sounds like a good idea. You could also make the girl scout badge over the cake. Sorry I don't have many ideas for that.

I love your avatar!! It's very nice! I love horses~

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 6

Decorating a mini cake would be a lot of fun. I like that idea. I would also teach them to make a few flowers.

Joe

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 6

Have them do a chocolate transfer of butterflies and flowers and put them on the decorated cupcakes. Gotta love those candy melts!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 2:02am
post #5 of 6

I have always loved the idea of turning a cake into a color by number. I planned to use an edible image of a color by number sheet but you could transfer the design using piping gel. You could make a large sheet cake (or several small cakes 6" or so). Transfer some girl scout related color-by-number pics on it. No borders or anything. Give them some of those tubes of ready-made icing and let them go to town. Or take the opportunity to show them how to use a parchment bag. I think they would be impressed with themselves when they were done.

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 2:19am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all of the ideas! I like the decorate by number and chocolate transfer ideas. The sheet cake will definately save me some time icon_biggrin.gif
Turtle - thanks, I like your avatar too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%