Being At The Party!

Decorating By zoozieqv Updated 11 Apr 2005 , 11:45pm by tcturtleshell

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 3

I just made two cakes this weekend for a friend's b-day party!! There were actually 3 cakes at this party. The party was celebrating a 2 year old, the mom and the dad's b-days all in one. So, the g-ma wanted to make the 2 year olds cake and they asked me to make the Lunar landing one (posted) and I decided to make one for the mom so that it would be girly (yellow bow-posted)!! Either way, my family and I were invited because they are our friends and it was the most agonizing time of my life. I couldn't really enjoy myself because I knew they were going to eat my cake in front of me. When the time came for cake I was one of the first ones to get some. I wanted to taste it and if it was bad or dry I was going to load up my family and go home!!! So embarrassed!!! Well, fortunately both cakes were moist and good!! I was so relieved. It was good to hear positive feedback but I was so worn-out from decorating the cakes and then the stress of being at the party where they were being consumed that I still couldn't wait to get home and go to bed!!!!!! Is it supposed to be this stressful?!?!?!?! icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 3

Holy cow!! That is one huge bct--especially for a first one! You did a beautiful job and I would have felt the same nervousness if it were me! Actually--I spent most of the morning trying NOT to call my friend who is a friend of the bride I did the wedding cake for this weekend to see how the cake was.

I'm so silly, though, of course it was wonderful. I had extra batter and icing so I threw together some cupcakes and THEY were good--so why wouldn't the cake be good, too? lol!!

Maybe someday we will both be more sure of our selves and our abilities and not be stressed about whether or not our cakes will be good, knowing that they will, without a doubt.

Lisa

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 3

That is just the way I'm going to feel on the 23rd!! I am doing the wedding cake & the groom's cake! My folks & sister are going to the wedding too. Mom is going to help me get the cakes in the church & help me assemble it. We are all staying for the wedding! They haven't asked me to cut the cakes yet & that's my big worry!!!!!! I don't want to cut the cakes. I want to be in the back ground somewhere just watching! I could go straight home after the wedding but the wedding is 125 miles away from me. So I have to stay & get all my cake supplies. I will know how you felt Zoozie!!

You got through it so I hope that means I will too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%