Has Anyone Use The Fondant Bow Cutters

Decorating By tame Updated 5 May 2015 , 1:18pm by chicka31

tame Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 4:41am
post #1 of 8

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has use bow cutters and would like to know how that worked. I seem some available and wanted to order them but wanted to know how that worked first. I am now good at making bows and anything helpful is needed ( fondant bow cutters)

7 replies
tiptop57 Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 8

OMG someone sells fondant bow cutters? WHY???? icon_eek.gif

Hmmmmmm, I guess anyway they can make a buck.

Tame,
What kind of bow do you want to create? There are types of several written directions out there. If ya need help, just PM me and I will walk ya through it or find ya some directions.

paolacaracas Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 8

In my gallery there is a comunion cake made with the samll bow cutters from jem. I like them, they make a nice uniform bow for when you make more then one. but I don't think is necesary to buy them.

ChrisJ Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 8

I made up a pattern of a medium sized bow (in the template gallery) which I used quite a lot but when I made my last purchase of cutters, I splurged and bought the JEM bow cutters. They are really not that expensive and I was already placing an order. When you have a lot to make it's so much easier using the cutter, and it gives me a much more cleaner cut. JMHO

tiptop57 Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 8

Very pretty cake paolacaracas. But still ,unless I was making hundreds of bows, I would probably still make them by hand. I'm funny that way. I do pearls the same way, no pearl former for me.

chicka31 Posted 2 May 2015 , 9:21am
post #6 of 8

I need to make 50 bow cupcake toppers and would like to know if I can use the jem bow cutter if so what size, or the strip cutter, if so what size. I would like them to be as uniform as possible. I has to sit upright on the cupcake with tails

Dreamy Pink Dessert Table (Butterflies & Polka Dots)

shaz1147 Posted 5 May 2015 , 5:01am
post #7 of 8

I love the Jem bow cutters, especially when you have to make lots of the same size. Save so much time. I used them on this carousel cake 9k4NsWxkic-carousel-cake_900.jpgthat I made a couple of months ago.

chicka31 Posted 5 May 2015 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 8

WOW ! what a beautiful cake. I think that will be a good size which cutter did you use for that size bow?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%