Who's From California?

Lounge By DiscoLady Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 6:09am by Brandy982006

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:58am
post #91 of 105

Hey everyone! I'm from San Bernardino...about 45 min from Disneyland icon_smile.gif *sigh* nobody else ever lives here, lol.

DamarisC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DamarisC Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:25am
post #92 of 105

Hello, I'm from bakersfield as well!! nice to see all of my fellow CaliGirls (and guys) here!

kiki07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki07 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:24pm
post #93 of 105

Hi, everyone.
Pretty new to cake/cookie decorating. I'm in a teeny tiny horsey/farming town in Riverside County.

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:10pm
post #94 of 105

Hi Everyone!! I'm here in Moreno Valley. I was born and raised here. My DH is amazed that I know all of the little sides streets around here when he can't even remember the main thoroughfares. New to cake decorating, and ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!! Sometimes I am so preoccupied with cake designs that I can't think straight! And... am totally addicted to CC!

Anyone else from Moreno Valley?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #95 of 105

I was born and raised in San Jose. I moved to Santa Cruz when I got older. The last place I lived in Califonia was Hollister. I have lived in Virginia for 9 years. and I am jealous of all of you. What I wouldn't give to be able to move back home.

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:22am
post #96 of 105

Well I was born and raised in Santa Maria but now I live in Phoenix...and I HATE it! Can I still join the club? I will always consider CA to be home! Every time we drive back to visit and we hit downtown L.A., I breathe in the smog and say, "Ahhhh....I'm HOME!!"

Ok I don't really hate Phoenix. I've been here for 10 years and it's been good to me but I already told my husband that the minute he retires (in 15 years!) we're going back! He's an AZ native so I might have to drag him but mark my words, I will be back with or without him! LOL!

I try to go back as often as I can to visit my family so that my daughters will be familiar with the area and someday consider it to be their second home and also so that they can experience all the things I did as a child, i.e, the beach (Pismo or Avila of course!), Disneyland, cool weather, Santa Maria Style BBQ, awesome strawberries and doing our own fireworks every 4th of July!

Ok I'm crying now....I miss it SO much!! Not the gas, grocery and housing prices though!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 6:08am
post #97 of 105

I'm originally from San Francisco but currently in Las Vegas.

tonyas_jewels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyas_jewels Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:34am
post #98 of 105

I live in Orland Ca a tiny little place, north of Sacramento and near Chico..have been here for about 25yrs, but i was raised in Oregon..moved to Idaho a year ago and had to turn around 8 long months later and move back to where we belonged

Christen99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christen99 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #99 of 105

I'm originally from Palo Alto, CA (home of Stanford University!!!!), and my parent's were also born and raised there as well. For the first time in my entire life, I am living outside the county...about 15 minutes from the house I grew up in. I would LOVE to move out of CA, or at least somewhere with far less people.

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm
post #100 of 105

hey debsuewoo and nickshalfpint...i'm from torrance too!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:34am
post #101 of 105

i just have to say that i'm not from california...i'm trying to get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if there is any military member who's stationed at macdill afb and is a security police with the rank of E-6 or E-7 and wants to come to California...let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuvzWDW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvzWDW Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm
post #102 of 105

CakeMommy3,

This is my first post here and I am new to cake decorating (my husband and I are learning together), but I am also from San Bernardino! Right now, we're just learning and practicing for the family but one day who knows!

Where do usually buy your supplies? We've been to California Cake Decorations in Redlands and Sweet Mercantile Co. in Rancho Cucamonga. Can you suggest any others?

Nice seeing that there are others on here that are close by! icon_biggrin.gif

Kirstyn

LuvzWDW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvzWDW Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #103 of 105

CakeMommy3,

This is my first post here and I am new to cake decorating (my husband and I are learning together), but I am also from San Bernardino! Right now, we're just learning and practicing for the family but one day who knows!

Where do usually buy your supplies? We've been to California Cake Decorations in Redlands and Sweet Mercantile Co. in Rancho Cucamonga. Can you suggest any others?

Nice seeing that there are others on here that are close by! icon_biggrin.gif

Kirstyn

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:19am
post #104 of 105

Hi all--

I am from Eastvale (Corona), CA and have been decorating for about15 years. I either go to Pila's Pantry in Norco or the Cake Cottage in Murrietta which is owned by Susan Carberry.

Amy

Brandy982006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandy982006 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:09am
post #105 of 105

Hey ATCakes...I just moved to Lake Elsinore but I currently work in Eastvale. I am glad to see someone close by. I too go to Pila's, I was actually just there today picking up some supplies. I think I will try the cake cottage for supplies...Do they have anything different than Pila's or is it about the same?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%