Who's From California?

Lounge By DiscoLady Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 6:09am by Brandy982006

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 105

Just curious how many other Californians are in here?
I'm from Chino. icon_biggrin.gif

104 replies
BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 105

Yup - well not from California (I'm a Brit), and live in San Gabriel (suburb of Los Angeles). icon_biggrin.gif

DiscoLady Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 105

Hi neighbor...where do you buy your supplies?

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 105

Howdy! There are two cake shops that I get fondant - one in Montrose (bit of a drive), and another in Arcadia. But I mostly do cakes as a hobby, and will buy from either Country Kitchen or Sugarcraft mail order off the internet.

DiscoLady Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 105

ahhh... I've ordered from Sugarcraft too.
If you're ever out in Montclair there's a great cake supply called Suzy's Sweet Tooth....good prices too.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 6:29am
post #6 of 105

Well I use to be from S. Calif I was raised there but Im in B.C. Canada now. My brother lives in Oceanside. Miss the weather to much rain out here.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 105

I'm in San Jose!

Anyone planning to go to California Cake Club's Cake Camp in September?

DiscoLady Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 105

I've never heard of this Cake Camp but it sounds interesting. Please tell us Californians more about it. Do they have a website?

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 6:42pm
post #9 of 105

Well, I don't know too much about it either and I'm dying to find out more. The website is:
http://www.cakecamp.com.

There isn't much there yet, but will be by the end of the month, I'm told. It is put on by Calfiornia Cake Club, whose website is:
http:www.cacakeclub.org

It is a series of mini-classes which this year will tke place September 3 - 6 at the Riviera hotel in Las Vegas. I heard that Nick Lodge, Colette Peters, Autumn Carpenter, Debbie Brown, Geraldine Randlesome and other instructors will be there.

I don't know how much it will cost to register. I'm hoping they will post soon. I also don't know if you have to be a member of the club to go--but membership is only $20.00 per year, so that is not too big an obstacle, I don't think.

I REALLY want to go (And I need a roommate--anyone think they might want to go and share a room with a crochety old lady who snores?)

I'd love to hear more from anyone who knows more.

Shalom,
itsacake!

DiscoLady Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 2:03am
post #10 of 105

Well, depending on the cost, I would love to go!
But I can't promise the roommate thing just yet.
I'll check out these two websites in the meantime.
Thanks for the info!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 11:09pm
post #11 of 105

icon_lol.gif Hello you all.....I too am from So. California......Been here for 13 1/2 years. And love it.....(Except for those shakers.......)

I buy my supplies from "Fun 4 All Partys" store.....They have a HUGE selection and at great prices too........

DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:38am
post #12 of 105

Oh goodie!
I looked at your cake photos and you're like the fondant bow queen!! Nice work!
Where abouts are you from?

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 6:27am
post #13 of 105

I am so glad there are several others from California on this site. I am from the desert area near Palm Desert.

TheCakeShak Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 4:27pm
post #14 of 105

icon_lol.gif Hey there Discolady and Dawn......I am from Riverside..........

You all are not too far from me.........Thank you for the compliment on the fondant bows....I really appreciate it much..........

dawnrunner Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 4:47pm
post #15 of 105

You all seem to have several choices where you can get supplies, out here we are limited to Michael's or Wal Mart. Never thought to go looking in the thrift stores (for cookie cutters etc.) which we have all over the place.
Crash, howdy neighbor! You are a little over an hour away. I don't mind the earthquakes as much as I do our "hot" summers!

DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 8:04pm
post #16 of 105

Have you California girls heard about the cake show coming up in San Diego in march? Maybe we could hook up and go...

dawnrunner Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 8:14pm
post #17 of 105

Disco ~ That sounds interesting, can you give me more info? If the $$$ are right it just may be a possibility for me.

DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 9:10pm
post #18 of 105

There are two events coming up, but you must be a member of the California Cake Club. Membership is only $20 per year. They have a group in San Diego and one in Orange County. Here is their web address:
www.cacakeclub.org
If you look in their calendar section it will give you details on San Diego event..including registration forms.

Another big event coming up in Vegas in September is called Cake Camp. Here is the address; not really any info there yet but you can add it to your favorties and check back for prices later.

www.cakecamp.com

They sound really interesting!!

DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 9:15pm
post #19 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnrunner

You all seem to have several choices where you can get supplies, out here we are limited to Michael's or Wal Mart.

Have you tried ordering online? I've used a site called Sugarcraft.com for several items. They have everything under the sun for cakes there.

TheCakeShak Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 12:32am
post #20 of 105

icon_wink.gif I order online also...I order from www.orientaltrading.com, wilton, sugarcraft, kitchencrafts, pastrywiz.com, cincinnati cake co?. I have to look up that one, I have their magnet on my fridge.

I will also have to look up the time/date on the San Diego cake thing...I would be interested in going....but don't know if I can yet........I have been so darn busy with my husbands company...... icon_confused.gif

dawnrunner Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 2:10am
post #21 of 105

Disco/Crash, I haven't tried ordering anything for baking or cake decorating on-line. I don't like to order from companies that I don't know, unless someone uses them a lot and can vouch for their merchandize. But I will check out the site you gals recommended. Thanks.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 11:24pm
post #22 of 105

Hi all I'm oh so late on finding this post but I too am in so. calif. in monrovia right next to Arcadia

marina34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marina34 Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 11:56pm
post #23 of 105

I'm in Lincoln, CA. About 20 minutes north of Sacramento.

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 4 Jun 2006 , 6:19am
post #24 of 105

Crashdummy--i'm in riverside too.

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 3:58am
post #25 of 105

I'm in Modesto.

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:02am
post #26 of 105

San Francisco reporting for cake duty! icon_biggrin.gif

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 6:45am
post #27 of 105

I'm in So CA. About 1 hour north of LA in a small farming area.

Laroux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laroux Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 4:17am
post #28 of 105

Hi Girls!

I'm also in California. Live in Hanford which is a half hour drive to Visalia. (sp?)

So exciting to have other decorators in this area!!! thumbs_up.gif

Laroux

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 6:03am
post #29 of 105

I'm in Placerville...about 45 minutes east of Sacramento!

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 2:19pm
post #30 of 105

Im ringing in. born and rasied in the bay but i reside in Sacramento! and Iknow marina34 personally.. she is the reason im here.. showing me her beautiful cakes ( i had to join to see thm full size.. it was all down hill from there!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%