greencargirl Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 6:58pm
post #1 of

i was thinking about getting these... it looks like it would be pretty sturdy once put together... i won't be using all the plates but at least 4 of them so do you think it would be worth the price? total, it's like $75... i like the crystal pillars... let me know what you think (and thanks to lisa for the avatar) icon_smile.gif

25 replies
greencargirl Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 6:59pm
post #2 of

oh duh, the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4333153048

veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 8:06pm
post #3 of

There's a four tier on here in their other items, $29.99 but it closes in 4 hours or so, did you see that one? If you aren't needing all those levels, the smaller one might work. Janice

veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 8:23pm
post #4 of

On Page 4 of sellers other items there is another 4 tier that ends in 3 days. Page 10 shows a 3 tier set, its $24.99 at Buy it Now, or auction ends in 11 days. There are probably more, I didn't go all the way through, there are 900 or more items, did you look at them all? Sure lots of stuff here. Janice

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:21am
post #5 of

So you ladies get a lot of things from ebay? I have looked at different stuff no ebay but I've always been afraid to order. It is easy? What do I have to do? I could spend hours on there just looking! I have started going to yard sales to find old cake books & pans & anything having to do with cake decorating. So far I haven't found anything icon_sad.gif

Greencargirl... I love your avatar!! That is a pretty green!

PureShugga Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:41am
post #6 of

TC - Ebay is a girls' best friend. Learn it, it's easy and simple, but be careful to check feedback on all sellars as I've been ripped off a few times from people - it's a scary world but generally it's safe and I only pay through paypal that way you have a guarnteed receipt of payment etc. It's simple, if you go to ebay and register you'll be all set and also go to paypal to set up an account - let me know if you have any questions as I am an ebay Goddess icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:14pm
post #7 of

I agree with all the tips on buying from eBay, but in addition, be sure to do your research on what items might be going for elsewhere, so you will know for sure if you've got a good buy! Some sellers really like to stick their buyers with high shipping, so you have to kinda watch that too. I love shopping eBay, and have bought quite a few pans, some magazines, etc. from them...just do your comparison shopping! For instance, I've recently wanted to purchase a cake icer that comes from England, people are paying way too much on eBay, it is cheaper to buy from Sugarcraft uk direct. Janice

msmeg Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 6:33pm
post #8 of

That stand is sold by wilton for $47 could be a little more now as that was a 2003 year book price

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 7:34pm
post #9 of

I shop ebay all the time. I make sure I compare prices on ebay to the cost of the item in my local cake supply store.

I bought tall tier cake stand by wilton on ebay for $37.99 and after shipping costs my total was $48. I think this is a good price b/c at my supply store it would have been $50 plus after tax.

Majority of the cake decorating products I own came from sellers of ebay. I just won a 2003 year book for $3.

I LOVE EBAY!

greencargirl Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:40pm

i'm so in love with ebay... i've been using it since 97... before it got big and there were maybe 5 listings of anything you looked up... i even bought my car off of it... awesome!

momof3jotynjake Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:48pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureShugga

TC - Ebay is a girls' best friend. Learn it, it's easy and simple, but be careful to check feedback on all sellars as I've been ripped off a few times from people - it's a scary world but generally it's safe and I only pay through paypal that way you have a guarnteed receipt of payment etc. It's simple, if you go to ebay and register you'll be all set and also go to paypal to set up an account - let me know if you have any questions as I am an ebay Goddess icon_smile.gif




GOSH.. I THINK YOUR GONNA GET ME HOOKED! LOL! IS THERE A FEE TO JOIN IT?
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU WIN THE AUCTION/ lol!!!
OH.. AND .. DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE YOUR MONEY 1ST, AND THEN YOU GET THE ITEM? OR DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU RECIEVED THE ITEM?

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 9:27pm

Momof3

There is no fee to join. Once you bid ebay will send you a confirmation via email to confirm your bid. During the bidding process, if you are outbid ebay will again notify you that you've been outbid.

You can create a watch list on ebay as well. Just add items to your watch list and near the end of the auction ebay will let you know how much time is left on that particular item. I create watch lists for most of my items b/c I'm not quite sure if I want to buy it.

You have to pay first then you will receive your item.

I haven't had many issues with ebay. Once I didn't receive an item that I won and the seller gladly refunded my money. You have to make sure you read all stipulations that the seller list about the item b/c some sellers will not refund money regardless of the situation.

momof3jotynjake Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 9:48pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

Momof3

There is no fee to join. Once you bid ebay will send you a confirmation via email to confirm your bid. During the bidding process, if you are outbid ebay will again notify you that you've been outbid.

You can create a watch list on ebay as well. Just add items to your watch list and near the end of the auction ebay will let you know how much time is left on that particular item. I create watch lists for most of my items b/c I'm not quite sure if I want to buy it.

You have to pay first then you will receive your item.

I haven't had many issues with ebay. Once I didn't receive an item that I won and the seller gladly refunded my money. You have to make sure you read all stipulations that the seller list about the item b/c some sellers will not refund money regardless of the situation.




OK GREAT! THANKS!
WHERE DO YOU GO TO LOOK UP ALL THE WILTON/CAKE DECORATING STUFF?

AgentCakeBaker Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 9:51pm

In the search field I just typed in the word "wilton" and over 900 different items came up. Sometimes more than that! You will get addicted.

There are other cake items on this site as well other than Wilton products. Magic line, pampered chef, and other misc items. At times I can buy a case of cake boxes and boards. You can even type in cake stands in the search field and more than just Wilton cake stands will come up.

Good Luck!

momof3jotynjake Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:16pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCakeBaker

In the search field I just typed in the word "wilton" and over 900 different items came up. Sometimes more than that! You will get addicted.

There are other cake items on this site as well other than Wilton products. Magic line, pampered chef, and other misc items. At times I can buy a case of cake boxes and boards. You can even type in cake stands in the search field and more than just Wilton cake stands will come up.

Good Luck!




man! your right! its ADDICTING!! SO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WILTON IS JUST AS GOOD? WHAT ABOUT SUGAR CRAFT? IVE SEEN A LOT OF THAT... COOL! IVE SEEN A LOT.. BUT IM SCARED TO MAKE THAT 1ST MOVE!! LOL
CAN YOU WAIT TIL THERE IS 1 MIN. OF BIDDING LEFT THEN PLACE A QUICK BID?? LOL. DOES THAT WORK?

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:22pm

Sorry,

I didn't get a chance to read this... I went to bed icon_smile.gif
We had severe storms early this morning 4:00am till 11:30am!!!! We got 6 inches of rain!! Everything is flooded, thank God no ones house was flooded!! Anyway... I have looked at ebay & spent a long, long time on it. I have been afraid of doing anything else. I might try it. I just found out that my neighbor shops on it all the time. She can come & help me get set up.
THANK YOU LADIES FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION!!!
PURESHUGGA, GREENCARGIRL, AGENTCAKEBAKER & JANICESCAKE thumbs_up.gif

greencargirl Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:32pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3jotynjake


CAN YOU WAIT TIL THERE IS 1 MIN. OF BIDDING LEFT THEN PLACE A QUICK BID?? LOL. DOES THAT WORK?




that is the way to do it, honestly... i don't like bidding till there's about 2 min. left because then the price just goes higher... i only bid early if i have to work or something when the auction ends... it's so easy to use... i've had a couple bad experiences with stuff but it's only expected after buying almost 200 things on there... i've sold a lot too... it's almost like a rummage sale in my opinion, it costs a few cents to list an auction (depending on the price you put it at)

veejaytx Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 11:45pm

Occasionally that might work, especially if you have something other than dial-up internet service, (that's way too slow to wait til the last minute). Now that they have added the "your maximum Bid" option (where they bid for you up to the max bid you put in) you could more easily sneak in with a last second bid, but if you are the current top bidder it protects you! Most of my cake pans, books, and even the poly-foil for cake boards have come from eBay. I haven't found any boxes as yet. It is a fun, practical way to shop!

Have you all seen where the Fire Breathing Dragon pan is going today for about $150???

Janice

Annalisa Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:52am

Hi, I use ebay all the time especially to purchase Wilton products, as I live in Australia and we don't have a very large range of Wilton here and Wilton does not ship overseas so I do most of my shopping on ebay. It is fantastic

AgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 3:18pm

Janice
If you type in "bakery cake boxes" in the search field a list of items will come up. Just make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page b/c most of them are listed under buy it now.

veejaytx Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 3:27pm

Thanks, I had tried "bakery boxes" and "cake boxes" but not the two combined. My problem is that I can't store the large quantities, so I guess I'm stuck with going to the "cake store" for my boxes. Thanks again, Janice

AgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 3:40pm

I have the same problem at times but one day I found a case of 100 sheet cake boxes for less than $25 dollars so I couldn't pass it up.

Call me a sucker for bargains. icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 8:24pm

You can also try searching for cake domes. I've seen these listed--they're the plastic kind Walmart uses.

peacockplace Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 9:17pm

I like e-bay almost as much as CC. I love hunting for deals, and have gotten tons of cake stuff for cheap! Don't you love the internet?

pastrypuffgirl Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 3:49am

DON"T DO IT!

i bought that exact stand online at Pattycakes.com for 43$ . If you include shipping (to me anyhow) it comes out to 51.33 total. It is worth it to me to just get the set now and not have to worry about getting anymore later on. hope i gave you this soon enough

here is the direct link, i don't know if it will work:

http://shop.pattycakes.com/SAPPHIRE/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={CDBBCBD8-A6D7-4616-B893-5475753F5848}&ic=301%2D9450&Tp=

if not: go to http://www.pattycakes.com then click on online shopping, then on the left is stands, turntables, servers & caddies.

I had no problem getting my stand from here. gl

nanni Posted 15 Apr 2005 , 4:03am

I would be lost without ebay-I have about 150 pans now, most of which have come from ebay and I have used most of them at one time or another-have a bid going right now as a matter of fact-actually I am watching 2 of them-I usually wait til just about 1 minute to place my bid-why jack up the price on a counterbid? But do watch all the details and check the feedback-everyones comments on that is soooooo true! And yes, it's very addicting-almost as addicting as this forum!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%