Pricing Dilemma........

Business By Kathee Updated 3 May 2005 , 6:55am by kalatzp

Kathee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathee Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 12

I live in NH and do cakes, candy, cookies and both cookies and candy bouquets from my home. I've never really done it "seriously", just a thing to do. I'd like to get more "serious". Anyhow, the way I've always done it is "just pay me whatever" type deal, it really comes down to how well you know me. I've gone on line and to different bakeries to check out prices, but still I'm lost. I've seen the "price matrix", but not quite sure about the prices. Does anyone out there have a "price list" they could share? I am DESPERATE!!

Thank You for your help!

~Kathee

11 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 8:02am
post #2 of 12

I'm not sure anybody could give you a price list as such, there are so many variables involved. I looked at a cake website in your area and their quarter sheet cakes were about $100!!! Maybe you can check some local bakeries and see what they are charging, starting with the grocery store bakeries, (uggh the thought of eating one of their cakes turns my stomach) as well as some of the higher quality ones, and be able to find your price range that way. I've read here not to undercut the other bakers, so you need to know what they are charging.

ps you might get more information if you post this question in one of the other forum subjects.

Janice

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 12

You need a pricing matrix so you can be sure you are charging enough- regardless of that the competition is doing. They are buying in bulk and therefore can sometimes charge less. The may have a high overhead and have to charge more. Your circumstances are yours. No one else's.

If you would like a user friendly pricing matrix, send an email to me stating whether you use Excel or Works.

[email protected]

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 12

Dawn
I've sent you an email for the pricing matrix as well but I forgot to let you know that I use Excel.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 2:59am
post #5 of 12

Just wanted to say HI Kathee! I'm in NH, too. What part of NH are you in?

I don't have the matrix either because I don't have Word or Excel. I'm confused about what to charge as well or I'd help if I could..

Best regards,
~AngelWendy

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 3:57am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWendy

I don't have the matrix either because I don't have Word or Excel. I'm confused about what to charge as well or I'd help if I could..

Best regards,
~AngelWendy

No, I said WORKS or Excel... not word or excel.. You have one or the other unless you have a MAC... I don't know what it uses. But all PC's come with either Excel or Works.... whatcha got?? Shoot me an email and I'll hook you up...

Anyone who has ever sent me an email without specifying knows I fix that real quick... no worries. But I don't respond to requests from here... too much cutting and pasting... I'd never be done...

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 8:35am
post #7 of 12

Yep! I have a Mac. Just sent you an email. icon_smile.gif

~AngelWendy

justahobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justahobby Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 12

I just read your posts about a pricing matrix. I would like to gte more serious about my "business" too and with a husband who is a business owner, I realize that undercutting could be disasterous.

Would anyone mind sending me a matrix also?? I have Excel
[email protected]

Thanks-
Marissa

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 12

I found a lots of sites that show prices of cakes they charge... take a look so you have an idea...
www.kathycakes.com its not the same kathykakes as I have been talking about but it still a cake site and her cakes are pretty too!

CherryBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBear Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 1:12pm
post #10 of 12

Hi, I actually have the same dilema and posted the same question about the price matrix under the wrong section I guess. Anyway, I have been making cakes for friends and family and have been asked to do a couple of Baby Shower cakes but don't know what to charge. If anyone could share their pricing matrix with me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance. I have Excell.
Claudia
[email protected]

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 3 May 2005 , 6:30am
post #11 of 12

Wold someone mind sending me pricing matrix ?
My email is [email protected]
Thanks

kalatzp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalatzp Posted 3 May 2005 , 6:55am
post #12 of 12

Can someone please send me the pricing matrix as well. I use Excel and my email address is [email protected]

Thankyou!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%