Help-Giant Heart Cookie

Baking By smileyface Updated 24 Feb 2006 , 6:30am by JoAnnB

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 8

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

I just baked my hubby's giant chocolate chip heart cookie. I can't for the life of me get this out of the pan!!! I sprayed it with Pam and let it cool for only 5 minutes but it is STUCK!! I've made one before but cookie it on a pampered chef stone and it came out with no problem. This is the Wilton heart cookie pan.

Any suggestions??

If I can't get it out, I guess since it is for home I can just leave it in the pan.

THANKS!

7 replies
chrissy736 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy736 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 8

I just made two!! I have had problems in the past getting them out, so I really saok the pan down with pam. Crisco and flour works well also. I usually runa knife around the sides, flip it out onto a board, and then flip it on what I want to decorate it on. On a few I have had to slam the pans pretty hard. If worse comes to worse and you crack the cookie just piece it back together and icing the whole top with whatever you are putting on it. I know one time I made cookie recipe from scratch and for the life of me I couldn't get it out. Now I used the Betty Crocker Choc. Chip cookie mix for like $1.57. I hope this helps. Just keep trying!!!!

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 8

Hey that's good to know! I have been afraid to use my cookie pan thinking about it not coming out and ruining.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 8

I made one today and it didn't want to come out very well. I put it upside down on a cookie sheet and tapped the bottom of the pan then it came out fine.

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the info. Maybe I let it cool longer than I thought. This thing isn't coming out of this pan!! Oh well, next time I will try my Pam with flour instead of just Pam. Or better yet, maybe I will try cutting a piece of parchment so I can just life it out!!

Janzcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janzcakes Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 5:20am
post #6 of 8

I make these giant cookies a lot and use the Wilton cookie pan. I either spray it with Pam or grease and flour them. When I take it out of the oven, I gently run a butter knife around the edge of the whole thing. I wait only a couple of minutes and then I flip it over onto a cooling rack. It pops right out. I charge $18 to $20 for mine, decorated with icing or ganache, writing and sometimes flowers. I have done some with pictures as well. They are very popular.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 5:34am
post #7 of 8

i used wax paper, work great everytime.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:30am
post #8 of 8

Try inverting the pan on a baking sheet or rack and putting it back in a warm oven for a few minutes. I might loosen the cookie from the pan. I line everything with parchment. everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%