Here Is A Pic Of My First Ever Wedding Cake!

Decorating By llj68 Updated 11 Apr 2005 , 10:53pm by AngelWendy

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 16

I think it turned out pretty well considering. I learned SO much! I will never again make a wedding cake without a clear idea from the bride what she wants. This bride just kept saying, "I don't care what you do." and "I'm not a cake person." and "Just do whatever you want."

That is the part that I found SO frustrating! I'm just terrified that she's not going to like it. I made a little sampler cake for her when she placed the order and did a cornelli lace thing of the top. I was planning on doing that until she said it was "OK, I guess." So, I had to revamp my idea.

I will also never bake, ice and decorate a cake this large all in the same day again. I wanted the cakes to be really fresh--but I should have done them on Friday. I didn't take into account the cooling time and it really threw off my schedule. Plus--it was too hard on my hubby and the kids to have me out of commission for them all day long.

Anyway--here it is--I'm pretty pleased with it overall. I just wanted to be pretty and not like a birthday cake. Thanks for looking. I'm going to upload it into the gallery also.

Lisa

Edited: She just picked it up and she LOVED it! She even gave me a "tip" when she paid! I'm SO happy and relieved!
LL

15 replies
AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 16

Simply beautiful! You did a fantastic job.

I like my cakes really fresh too and I tend to bake, ice, and decorate cakes all in one day. I had a 3 dimensional cake due Friday and I didn't start until Thursday night once I got home from my full time job. Like I said I wanted my cake to be really fresh. To make a long story short, I didn't go to bed until 2:30am and I had to be in to work by 8am. So it is a lesson well learned.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 16

thumbs_up.gif Your cake turned out great. It is very pretty. I also used to do the baking and decorating all in one day. Finally after having a few major emotional breakdowns because of feeling rushed icon_rolleyes.gif I started baking the cake the night before or even 2 nights before, what a difference it makes. I feel like I have more time to decorate and don't feel pressured to finish.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 16

That turned out really beautiful, you did a very nice job. I too have learned my lessons from doing cakes all in one day and I would rather invest inthe $$ to bake a few days a head and wrap them really well and freeze and I make my icing a day or two before so that by the time I have to do the decorating everything is done except putting it all together. things can go wrong so it is best to have as much done as possible in case you need to fix things thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 16

Your cake is beautiful! It is much less stressful to bake the cakes ahead of time...they will still be very fresh, no worries! thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 16

It is very pretty. You did a really good job!

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 16

I think you did a great job too. I also really hate it when a customer says "whatever you want". I can do a perfect job if they just tell me what they want. Leaving it open to anything takes up so much more time...searching, thinking, planning. argh! icon_cry.gif Anyway - alls well that ends well. icon_smile.gif

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 2:12am
post #8 of 16

Wow - this is SUCH a pretty cake!!!!!!!! I hope I can do as well as you did on my first wedding cake too! KUDOS!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 3:53am
post #9 of 16

You deserved a tip Lisa! Very pretty cake!!! Be proud!!

lagunacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lagunacakelady Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:55am
post #10 of 16

Wow...your cake is gorgeous. Great work

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:03pm
post #11 of 16

That turned out just fine. Looks great.
I also like my cakes real fresh. Baking, icing and decorating all in one day. Sometimes I finish in the middle of the night. I work the best when I am alone.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:14pm
post #12 of 16

Very pretty thumbs_up.gif
Hope you remembered to post it in the gallery! icon_wink.gif

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:20pm
post #13 of 16

Very Beautiful!!! GREAT JOB!!! I am glad you got some positive feedback!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 9:09pm
post #14 of 16

Wow, that is one gorgeous cake, I love it, very elegant and very detailed! Good for you, tip and all!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 9:13pm
post #15 of 16

it is rather beautiful...good going!

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:53pm
post #16 of 16

Oh my Gosh! That's gorgeous!! I love the pale pink coloring on the decorations!!! I am shocked you did it all in one day! Holy mackerel!!!!!

Very impressed with your work!!!

Blessings,
~AngelWendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%