What Type Of Cookie Cutters?

Baking By jmcakes Updated 12 Feb 2006 , 2:58am by Kos

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

I want to do some fancy cookies...I am just starting out..Can I just buy some cookie cutters from Michael's, just to see how things work out?....Also how do I get Antonia74 icing recipe?

5 replies
Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:31am
post #2 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-Royal-Icing-for-Decorated-Cookies.html

That's for the recipe. ^

As far as cookie cutters? any will do. It's a personal preference.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:31am
post #3 of 6

Here is Helen's recipe.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-12-Royal-Icing-for-Decorated-Cookies.html

Any cookei cutter will really work fast. If you plan to roll your cookies thick try to avoid the ones that are plastic and leave and imprint on the cookies. These are really hard to get out if you use thick dough.

I prefer copper, but they are really expensive ($10 us) to start out. Wilton has some nice ones.

Good luck and have fun!

Julia

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:35am
post #4 of 6

Thank you....how thick should the cookies be...I would like to do a small bouqet for my cousin who is having a baby soon...any help PLEASE....I will be searching for ideas on here...

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:50am
post #5 of 6

I've never done a boquet of cookies, but I'd say they should come out to be about 3/8" thick, so whatever you stick up in them holds well enough.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:58am
post #6 of 6

jmcakes - Antonia74 (Helen) has a great tutorial for baking and decorating cookies. Go to the "home" page of this site and under the pink "latest forum topics" square is a purple "new articles" square. Go to the third one down! thumbs_up.gif

Happy Baking!

kos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%