My Customer Did The Cutest Thing!!!!! Lol

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 1:08am by Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 13

Yesterday my resident manager to my apartment complex came by to pick up the cake that he ordered. It was the first time he had ever seen one of my cakes and he was so in awe at it. He loved it!
Anyway, he took it home and a few hours went by. My hubby was out in the garage tinkering with his baby (the Land Rover that gets more attention than me LOL j/k) when he came through the door holding on to a little saucer. On the saucer was 4 slices of the cake I had made for my resident manager!!! He had taken the decoration from the cake I made for him and used it to decorate these little slices for us! How cute!!! He said that since my hubby and I don't get to eat the cake that we make for everyone else that he thought he would share with us. How cute is that??? Plus when he paid me for the cake, he is the first person that has ever added in a tip. He's a really great guy. We couldn't ask for a better place to live. Well maybe we could but we couldn't ask for a better resident manager. He is just so sweet.

Just thought I would share. Does anyone else have a story like this to share?

Thanks,
Lazy_Susan

12 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 13

That was so thoughtful. Sounds like you really do have a great resident manager. WooHoo, congrats on the tip too!!

Cindy

Lazy_Susan Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy6250

That was so thoughtful. Sounds like you really do have a great resident manager. WooHoo, congrats on the tip too!!

Cindy

Thanks icon_smile.gif He is nice. A little strange but then again aren't we all? LOL

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 13

OMG, that is got to be the greatest feeling! Thanks for sharing!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 13

It is so good when some person shows appreciation. He sounds like a very nice man.

superstar Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 11:46pm
post #6 of 13

It is so good when some person shows appreciation. He sounds like a very nice man. Your cakes are lovely.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 13

Sounds like a sweetie! I would have to add him to my holiday cookie list. icon_smile.gif

superstar Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 11:59pm
post #8 of 13

Sorry, my computer is so slow today, that I didn't think my post went through .

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:07am
post #9 of 13

How lucky you are to have someone so considerate as a manager. And, I bet the cake was wonderful, too.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:12am
post #10 of 13

That was really sweet of him.

I have a friend that I've made a couple cakes as presents but they finally ordered a cake that they would pay me for. He gave me a rough idea and I ran with it and it turned out better (apparently) than he even imagined. He asked what I wanted for it and I always struggle with that so I told him and he wrote me a check and I didn't even look at it, just finished my visit and went home, worrying the whole time that he would think I overcharged him. When I got home I noticed the check was $10 more than I told him so I called him and told him he wrote it for the wrong amount. He said he most certainly did not, that I told him what I would accept for the cake and he paid me what he thought it was worth. I love a man who appreciates a good cake!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:24am
post #11 of 13

it's nice to hear that there are still some very nice people in the world, huh?

i made a cake for a friend (i really haven't known him very long) for his birthday and quoted him $38. he came to the house and gave me $40. when i told him to hold on, i have to get his change, he told me not to worry about it, that he wanted me to have the extra few dollars.

then, two days later, he called me to tell me the cake was delicious and he absolutely loved it! (it was nice to hear because i was a wreck about this cake. it was my first paid cake and it was heck on wheels to make).

i thought that was sweet.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:27am
post #12 of 13

Hey Little Susie,

Your resident manager is the one getting the better deal...a very sweet and kind Susie icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on your first tip...I'm doing the happy dance for you icon_smile.gif

You continue to amaze me with your kind and giving attitude...you're the BEST thumbs_up.gif

Lazy_Susan Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:08am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Hey Little Susie,

Your resident manager is the one getting the better deal...a very sweet and kind Susie icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on your first tip...I'm doing the happy dance for you icon_smile.gif

You continue to amaze me with your kind and giving attitude...you're the BEST thumbs_up.gif

You're making me blush... hehehehehe icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%