Making Bratz Doll Cake...any Ideas?

Decorating By tcrema Updated 11 Apr 2005 , 10:08pm by tcturtleshell

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 9:16am
post #1 of 9

Hi It's me again! I am getting ready to make a doll cake using the bratz doll. I guess she is supposed t obe wearing like an evening gown. Just curious if you have any ideas. I have already made the cake (wilton's doll cake pan) and have the colors figured out just wanted to know if you have any ideas?

8 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 4:19am
post #2 of 9

You didn't need any advice Tammy!!! Your creative ideas are always great!!

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 7:28am
post #3 of 9

Yeah well you helped me out on the phone!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 9

well sweetie, it sounds like to me you have a plan.... and it sure sounds wonderful already...what colors are you using? maybe I can think of something through color.... icon_wink.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 9

Please post a pic when you are done. I have to do a Bratz cake on 4/23 and I'm kind of at a loss. I was thinking BCT but a doll cake is a great idea!

Good luck and I can't wait to see it!

Lisa

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 5:26am
post #6 of 9

tcrema posted a pic... it's under children's bday cakes. Take a look! She decorated that cake while we were on the phone! I could never do that! I can bearly talk & chew gum at the same time!!
Lisa, she has a few buttercream frozen transfer of bratz dolls in her profile gallery. She is very good with the transfers!! She says I'm the wedding cake lady... she's the transfers & techinique lady! I didn't like that idea because after this next wedding cake I don't want to do wedding cakes for a long time!!!! It's toooo stressful!!!!!!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

tcrema posted a pic... it's under children's bday cakes. Take a look!

I saw it yesterday! Such a great idea!! It's so weird to me, though, that those dolls have SUCH big heads!! LOL!

Lisa

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:05pm
post #8 of 9

I think if you do a bratz doll cake, maybe down size the dress a bit from the sides.. freezing it and shave some off the sides. Just to make it look more like an evening gown. And it may make her look taller. The mold makes "the bratz doll" look to chunky. After all Bratz are slim and funky. tcrema please don't take this wrong, yours looks amazing!! I am trying to avoid the "big head" issues. LOL Good luck on your cakes!! P.S. I have one posted for a bratz, but it is BCT.

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 10:08pm
post #9 of 9

I guess tcrema hasn't seen this post yet. She had to cut the feet off the Bratz doll to make her fit, LOL

I agree with you Lisa, there heads are tooo large!! The Flava dolls have even bigger heads~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%