What Do You Call This?

Decorating By melysa Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 6:36pm by melysa

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:28am
post #1 of 9

i tried doing a search in the galleries for cakes that use icing to make an image of a person (to look like a photo), not an edible image, but an icing replica...i suppose it would most likely look best using a fbct....but i want to see examples, but cant find any because i dont know what to search under. a search under fbct will be too general. i saw one on accident by sugar_plum_fairy....that was rather cool.

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:38am
post #2 of 9

I feel your pain...

The search feature in the galleries does leave a bit to be desired. Especially since you always have to start at page 1.

Perhaps as more donations come in, improvements can be made in the software to allow more convenient searching.

mom23girlstoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23girlstoo Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:38am
post #3 of 9

seems like I remember seeing one under "painting" icon_confused.gif

if I remember right she used cocoa???

Sorry I'm not better help....

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

dadams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadams Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:41am
post #4 of 9
melysa Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:05am
post #5 of 9

thanks,

i looked into a download link that briansbaker posted about photo to sketch...its cool but i think that fbct would give the effect i am looking for.

a cocoa painting is more challanging.

this is for a babies first bday smash cake, so i want to keep it just bc so he can SMASH it and not choke on anything like fondant or a choc transfer.

what would look better, a black and white or color version? just a head shot of a toothy grin.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 9

Is this what you are looking for? She used a FBCT.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_689.html

melysa Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

Is this what you are looking for? She used a FBCT.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_689.html

thats exactly what i am looking for. i know the method is a fbct, but since i wanted to see lots of examples , i tried to do a search, however under a search for fbct, its just too general and i didnt want to look through a zillion photos to find a couple of these. you know how when you post a picture, you can add descriptive words for the search? well thats kind of what i meant when i asked what it was called ...thinking someone would know some of the key words to search under to find a persons face done with fbct. sounds dorky that i couldnt figure it out, but everything i typed didnt bring up anything.

anyway though, yes, that is a great example of what i'd like to do. i like the color too. thank you!!!

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 9

I typed portrait in the search field and it pulled up a few, so you may want to try that. Of course it also had edible images and cocoa, but a couple FBCT as well.

melysa Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:36pm
post #9 of 9

thanks lalana, i just looked up portrait too, dont know why i hadnt thought of that word....see, a fresh pair of eyes is always good. thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%